trango cinch? whos using one?

James Atkinson

The Cinch was designed primarily as a belay device to be used with Dynamic rope for top roping of rock climbers . In the event of a fall the stretch in the dynamic rope limits the shock on the climber . I personally use dynamic because its what the cinch was designed to be used with and Ive got 160 metres of the stuff to use up :thumbup: On a lanyard static rope would be fine :001_smile: I would not like to shock load the cinch from a height while running a static rope as it was not designed to work in this way . Although if slack was kept to a minimum then all should be good . How are you using yours?

Cheers for the info, just using mine as a lanyard but if I need to use it as a second line il just choke round a stem and use it srt as a support. The art posistioner I found wasn't smooth enough

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive used mine in the same way . I also used it choked off on a stem when chogging down so I can descend from just the stem . :biggrin: But I use my grigri for this purpose 90% of the time . My next buy is the Petzl Rig and some 11mm blaze to run it on . I will get a pic on here tomoz of my Dynamic line :001_smile:

• 3 weeks later...
I bought a Cinch today while at Honey Bros. I've read this thread again for tips as I'll be using it on my lanyard.

How are you getting on Albere as you've had yours for nearly a month? Any advice?

I've already got some Sampson Velocity so I'll use that in it.

Hello there, I'm getting on really well with it I'm running 9mm threw it and it still doesn't slip. I find I use the lever a alot to release myself iv also used it single line as a supplementary and it's works a treat. I'm thinking of using a cut away to attach it to my krab so it has more freedom to rotate as iv found it sometimes rotates upside down on the krab.