County council doing firewood

djbobbins

Just seen a printed sign on my local parish noticeboard - the county council (Warwickshire) are doing firewood.

Is this something new?

There is no web address, just an email address. I'm thinking of dropping them an email to see what the prices are like...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit that the county council using tax payer funds to perform what the private sector could do is one thing. Now I read where a CC is offering firewood for sale which is

heavily subsidized by the tax payers only to be purchased by same tax payers?

Over here that would be called a racket. I understand this may be business as usuall and putting folks to work to shore up employment roles. Seems like another ail in the coffin for private industry and free enterprise. Really only my opinion, sure would like some feed back on this one from the folks in country.

easy-lift guy

leicester city council sale logs and chip. chip at £3 a large bag and logs at £10 a boot or £30 for van etc. the money goes back into the system

How does it go back into the system?. Do the tax payers receive a rebate

for goods sold to the public or is the transaction just a wash?

easy-lift guy

aye reciepts are made and handed over to the section director. this then does back into our section for equipment fuel heating bills etc etc. end of day the council owns the trees so if selling on makes some more cash for the section why not

Edited by Dan Earp
spelling

aye reciepts are made and handed over to the section director. this then does back into are section for equipment fuel heating bills etc etc

So I guess as long as funds are coming in to help off set the cost of producing a finish product on behalf of the CC every thing else is just grand.

Thanks for the explanation, makes sence now, sorta.

easy-lift guy

How does it go back into the system?. Do the tax payers receive a rebate

for goods sold to the public or is the transaction just a wash?

easy-lift guy

HI ELF bath council do flowers so they have a florists side to the council all the florists shop in bath are going mad:thumbdown: about it the shop in bath pay very high council TAX theres no need for bath council to do this to the shop keeper it all mad :thumb down:and now there doing logs it all take the :lol::lol:and theres a nice cafe in bath its the own council what they done to get it back off the old owners what not to rent to them and shop is now run by them the council it take the :lol:out of the shop keeper in bath jon

So I guess as long as funds are coming in to help off set the cost of producing a finish product on behalf of the CC every thing else is just grand.

Thanks for the explanation, makes sence now, sorta.

easy-lift guy

if this is really bothering you, ill find out fm my boss end of week. so you can sleep easier at night:001_tt2: