Gold rings on Petzyl sequoia

Jack nz

Hi there,

I've been climbing with the sequoia for a couple of years now, and its a great harness. but I am always slightly doubtful about the screw up links on the gold rings. I've done them up with lock tight and check them every time before climbing, but still find myself checking them whilst climbing. I seem to have it in my head that they could suddenly come undone! Stupid I know, as Petzyl is world known for top quality gear. I was wandering, does any one else have the same concerns?? Or should I stop being an OCD worrier?

Thanks guys

Jack

Cheers for that. The only reason I have worms in my head about them is because was when I was green as, I turned upto work with the sequoia. All the other old hands picked it up and sucked their teeth about the rings simply because it wasn't a bomb proof Buckingham like they all use. Thanks for the help

I'm going to get the legs padding beefed up a bit on mine and made a bit longer so it reaches all the way round my legs to stop the pinching. It's not uncomfy but its enough to know and feel. But then I'm only rec climbing so I'm not wearing chainsaw trousers normally just shorts.

ive unscrewed them so i can place 2 rings on the bridge. it already had locktight in the threads. so once i was done i simplly replaced the locktight. everythings great has ive had 3 loller inspections on it aswell as all other kit and its passed with ease.

its a great lil harness for me and havent had any problem. i wouldnt worry bud