Gruffalo's child

Sorry Dave the post was a bit gobblydigook . Realised last night that the tree in your first picture was the one i was doing today . The gardener said there was a carving guy that did a Gruffalo recently in the yard ! small world :biggrin:

Was blowin a real hoolie this morning and tied in to an included bark union , could have done with you mate . On a side note , are you doing the big dead lump thats standing in the yard ?

euc5.jpg.0e2ff7c6e84cf7512b2d44ab19c79c94.jpg

euc6.jpg.b41862d48cc4be832cd9aa3c70600e7e.jpg

euc7.jpg.2216105e8133e8222c9bf4fc114af0ea.jpg

And one for Wooded :001_smile:

euc8.jpg.7e448e17ec7bea3277bd909e7dacb934.jpg

Thats ok, usually i am fluent in gobbledeygoop, maybe my babelfish was on the blink

Nice work on the Euc, i hate cutting those things when they are green, just feels 'slimy'. You got my number yes? on the card? next time, gimmie a txt and if i can be there i will. Usually I am in Dundee during the week-days but i am allowed days off (not that i ever get round to taking them).

Its a shame he didnt get you to leave a decent stump! Given that they put up with me carving in the yard next-door i would have done them a quick carve for free! Never mind, their loss i guess

Yep, the standing-wood in the yard is my next project, as soon as i get a chance to start on it. They want a soaring bird (buzzard or sea eagle are our two local 'raptors') to go up at the top of a park, should be a nice challenge. Is a lovely piece of oak at least. I would have started it yesterday but i ended up doing a day of wind-blown clearing with another mate round stonehaven. Might not be for a few weeks now.

You heading up to Carve Carrbridge tomorrow? I think I will. never had a chance to see any other carvers in action so I can go and learn how to do this carving stuff properly :)

Dave

Cheers Dave .. Forgot i had your card in the blinkin landy or i would have called you . Ah well till the next time .

Cant wait to see the eagle or buzzard , i'm a bird of prey nut so high expectations !!

Dont think i'll manage Carrbridge tomorrow but i'm sure it will be a great day out , Craigs going and there are other arbtalkers carving there i believe .

Take care , Graham :001_smile: