Is solo climbing ever acceptable?

Hill-Billy

ive made 2 insurance claims in my life, one on personal accident a few years ago, big enough pay out, and one on sickness insurance, huge payout in the end.

The accident claim was due to my actions, and stupidity, rendering me totally disabled for a 20week period. i filled in a claim form, sent my Gp his section to fill in, and they paid out. No further inquiries, no private investigators snooping in my dustbin, just paid out. Thats why we have insurance, to cover us when things go a little wrong. Ts their job to pay up, theyre quick enough to take the money for years without a claim. So most of the concerns are unfounded, myth perpetuated by hearsay and gossipmongers. I know from first hand experience.

The OPs concerns? Well, you have a business to keep running, bills to pay and mortgage to pay, be safe be sensible, and just pop around the clients neighbours and check if they are NPTC assessors, you never know.:sneaky2:

:001_smile:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The whole thread seems to gone of line a bit, but solo climbing is it ok? well what do you think, are you taught this on any courses NO!, question answered.

As for the other man on this thread who is looking for some quick in and out action etc should cut the American tv action mvies out and get real, theres a reason for filling out risk assessments and other relevant documentation, It saves lives when the proverbial hits the fan, been there and got the tshirt cheers.

Really boils my golden water when people put these threads on here, totally irrelevant because you already know the answer.

If this industry is ever going to raise up and get its recognition for what we do whether were garden hedge pruners or full on utility basher we need to abide by and follow relevant guidance etc as do probably 99% of people on here.

There rant over:thumbup1:

Edited by skyhuck
language

I always am the only climber on my own jobs. Dodgy I know but if I priced another climber in on jobs a doubt I'd get any work,

This is the real world.

The people that make these reg's must have a cushty pay cheque...we have to win our work and make it pay.

This is the real world.

The people that make these reg's must have a cushty pay cheque...we have to win our work and make it pay.

Thing is, there are people who would rather see you out of work. They're not happy for someone to get by in the real world.

Thing is, there are people who would rather see you out of work. They're not happy for someone to get by in the real world.

Hi Pedro...I feel a rant coming on:thumbup1:

I think I'll have a couple more glasses of Cab Sav and build up to it a bit:001_smile: