newbie on arbtalk!

RHA-adam

You say you are relocating back to north Wales. Would this be a wise move for this career? Look into employment in the area you are in first. Location location location. To get started with a company look into possible areas to start off with. You will have some freedom when you leave to choose where you start.

Unless you have a family set up in home town.

rich im relocateing to north wales simply because thats where i bought my own house years ago and its the most viable option right now! ive looked and there are a handfull of good firms inthe area, between now and then im going to try and get work experiance witha firm down here and seeing as im already earning i will work for next to nout, my intent is to learn fast and practice even harder! as i am fully aware people only want the best,

If you can be in the army, tree work will be easy for you. It's as simple as cutting a bit off a tree. The person who does it the best and the most efficiently will make the most money:biggrin:

The secret is felling timber, If you can work in the woods, felling horrible Sitkas, 7 days a week for a month. You will fell more trees than some guys will do in a couple of years. Got into more sticky situations and wonder who would want such a crappy job, but when that big tree goes crash, you will know why:thumbup1: learning how wood works, how it reacts and how scary a big tree going over or maybe the wrong way will give you respect for what you are doing. You have to work with the tools you can carry, there isn't a workshop close by and you learn to adapt with what you have close to hand.

Something I imagine you will be an expert at being in your job.

So when you go into tree surgery, working in a nice little garden with a Greiggs around the corner it will seem like heaven:laugh1:

I have been at kings woods base and met Richard, 1 word, professional!

Best of luck and stay safe.

hi guys first off a little intro, after 7 years in the army ive decided enough is enough and i want out so in less than 12 months i will be. haveing had alot of time away out of the country i have had lots of time to think aswell as time for research into my new choice of carrier! and after a while i kept comeing back to tree care and spent many a late night trawling this fine site and many others ive set my sights firmly on this! im looking into a 28 day course with kingswood training in kent, any of arbtalk members with good things to say about them, or reccomendations for anywhere else? oh and this might be a bone question but how many guys does it take minnimum to be a fully functioning crew and what are theyre roles and responsibilities? look forward to your replys and atleast go a little easy on me fellas! and ladies(are there many at all in this trade?)

adz

Hi Adam good luck, 2 IS ALL YOU NEED AS A TEAM as long as they are all singing all dancing and are the dogs gonads when it comes to all woody things above and below ground level.:thumbup1: knowledge and experience being the two key words here. I'v now down sized to just me on the tools and one other monster of a man /ape on the tools (both climbing)we don't have to rush jobs as the time we have spent over the years together has molded us as evolutionary freaks when it comes to tree work, we just bang everything out effortlessly and to a top specification, we have both invested heavily in our Arb professional development and are now reaping the rewards . :thumbup: