Ref mud tyres no more by the eu regulation lol

mendiplogs

HI ALL yes I'm back in the uk mendi plogs yes mud tyres no more new EU regulations are coming in soon it all down to the regulations mean that all car, light truck and truck tyres produced from july 1 display the label and from november 1 all tyres sold must have the new label and on this label you speed rate and fuel rate and better grip and how quietly they are the limit is 74 decibels so all mud tyres will be way over that so muds no more BUT YOU CAN GET REMOULDS UPTO 2015 IT ALL A LOAD OF :laugh1::lol:SO what do you all think of that then to me it all mad thanks it nice to be back in the uk its not me seating nr a pool all day in 35c would rather use ms 660 in the woods but thats just me so what do you all think of TYRE REGS thanks all jon :thumbup:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I have heard different things about this, size of tyre, agricultural use etc affects it, and as you said, remoulds. Have'nt BFG muds just changed regarding this. So what are the EU going to do about my next door neighbours son's saxo which makes far more noise than an off road tyre.:thumbdown:

HI warren yes mate it all mad but EU SAY it down to sound pollution . the limit is 74 decibels so most muds if not all mud tyres will be over the limit it just more :001_rolleyes::laugh1::lol:from the EU and there heath and safety is a LOL jon :thumbup:

Jon, the new regs you just shared is absolutely INSANE. Glad your back. Will Chat with you tomorrow.

easy-lift guy

HI TED i must say mate your right there. as i was out in spain as you no. in spain this week and there was some local builders out there with a HI ABE LORRY and the chap was lifting a large stillage of stone and there was a chap under the stillage of stone between the stillage and the bed of lorry and it was a 1mt above his head how mad is that then and there on about TYRES POLLUTION :lol::laugh1:JON

Hi Jon, done a bit of research and the following categories are excluded from the scope

retread tyres

professional off road tyres

racing tyres

studded tyres

temporary use spare tyres

tyres designed to be fitted on vehicles registered for the first time before 1 October 1990

tyres whose speed rating is less than 80km/h 50mph

tyres whose nominal rim diameter dose not exceed 254mm or 635mm

Stick some go-faster stripes and a number on your land rover, that might be one way round it.:thumbup:

Hi Jon, done a bit of research and the following categories are excluded from the scope

retread tyres

professional off road tyres

racing tyres

studded tyres

temporary use spare tyres

tyres designed to be fitted on vehicles registered for the first time before 1 October 1990

tyres whose speed rating is less than 80km/h 50mph

tyres whose nominal rim diameter dose not exceed 254mm or 635mm

Stick some go-faster stripes and a number on your land rover, that might be one way round it.:thumbup:

REF retread tyres it comes in 2015 all 200/300 tdi// td5 go more then 50mph so the speed of the tyres has match land rover // car its no good have a // land rover// car that does say 80/100mph to fit 50 mph i no the law is 70mph for car so you have to have the right speed rate your motor thanks jon :thumbup:

Pah. There is always a way around things like this and it will soon be used.

So agri are exempt, well under forestry is the same as agri. So all trucks will soon me agri use on v5, have to stay off m ways but if you have mud tyres on would you really want to go motorway?