Pulsar/Pulsarail hi-vis waterproofs?

Pedroski

It's this one I'm thinking about - the unlined waterproof and breathable bomber: Pulsarail PR515 High Vis Jackets £47 incl vat (dunno where I got £42 from).

Pic 51711-Britannia_Image.jpg

Yellow is also available. Orange appealed though.... bit less bright, and when doing wasp or bee filled hedges in the rain I thought it might have an advantage!

Also looking at some of the sailing jackets - some of them are pretty bright, but no proper hi-vis.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI MATE EX police gore tex hi vis coats it the one stop cop shop there good mate and heres there no 01458 44 20 61 there on ebay there in sunny somerset jon :thumbup:

Thanks Jon. Just found their web site - look to be good value too. I'll have a think.

For me, id get a longer jacket, I've had them short ones and it does my head in that the water slides off and you get a very wet arse :laugh1:

Got my army goretex trossers to not worried about that too much. Arse usually gets too hot anyway, what with trying to keep the company owner happy. Have to move too fast!

This is the Helly one I was thinking of - it's got a longer back and I know for sure it is a good jacket. Just a bit pricey though, but it would get used all the time for when I go out with the dogs.

http://mammothworkwear.com/helly-hansen-workwear/helly-hansen-hi-vis-jackets/helly-hansen-ludvika-high-visibility-jacket-p1465.htm

helly-hansen-ludvika-high-visibility-jacket_680x480_85_2486.jpg

Edited by Pedroski

Got my army goretex trossers to not worried about that too much. Arse usually gets too hot anyway, what with trying to keep the company owner happy. Have to move too fast!

This is the Helly one I was thinking of - it's got a longer back and I know for sure it is a good jacket. Just a bit pricey though, but it would get used all the time for when I go out with the dogs.

Helly Hansen Ludvika High Visibility Jacket, 71376 - Helly Hansen Workwear

helly-hansen-ludvika-high-visibility-jacket_680x480_85_2486.jpg

£80 isn't bad really mate, I'd pay it if I needed a good hi viz :thumbup1:

£80 isn't bad really mate, I'd pay it if I needed a good hi viz :thumbup1:

Yep, you're right. And I've been really pleased with the Helly work trousers... last me ages and ages, wearing 5 or 6 days per week, with loads of heavy use. I tried to skimp a while back and bought a pair of Strauss trousers that looked like rags in double quick time!

The Pulsarail looks good but I wouldn't buy a bomber style as the water runs off onto your bum.

The Helly Hansen looks good but the price is comparable to the Harkie smock. For the money, the Harkie is surely a much better choice as its ergonomically designed for tree climbing.

Or if you want to save a bit of dosh, get the Stein.