husky 262xp

Nellybelly

Check the fuel line and filter, especially if it has been sat with fuel in it. Spray a bit of WD40 down the bore, see if there is a spark and then try to get it going.

Post up any issues and am sure we can all help to get the beast cutting again.

Bulletproof saws, last for years and loads of spares out there.

Make sure the chain catcher and brake band are in place and working order!

i've tried the above advice and i dont think it's sparking, is it just a case of sticking a new plug in??

am i testing it right by taking the plug out and just giving it a couple of pulls??

sorry to sound like a retard but i spent 10 years on the building and my servicing kit consisted of a lump hammer and an adjustable spanner:blushing:

When i stripped it down it was absolutely mint, dont think it's been used more than a couple of times in its life.

It had been stored without fuel in it and the fuel and air filters were like new

you need to have the plug in the boot and then the bottom against something metal, the top of the barrel will do make sure the switch is on which is all the way to the left. also while you have the plug out tip the saw upside down and give it a few pulls, you will be surprised what will come out if you've been trying to start it! give the plug a wire brush off while your at it too and clean the air filter!

you need to have the plug in the boot and then the bottom against something metal, the top of the barrel will do make sure the switch is on which is all the way to the left. also while you have the plug out tip the saw upside down and give it a few pulls, you will be surprised what will come out if you've been trying to start it! give the plug a wire brush off while your at it too and clean the air filter!

just done all of that and it's definitely not producing not producing a spark:confused1:

take off the recoil and then you will get to the coil pack make sure all the wires are connected and clean it off. the pack should be about a business cards width from flywheel if its more get a business card between it undo the bolts push it up and tighten them again. also check the switch inst messing up and not covered in chain oil and saw chip

take off the recoil and then you will get to the coil pack make sure all the wires are connected and clean it off. the pack should be about a business cards width from flywheel if its more get a business card between it undo the bolts push it up and tighten them again. also check the switch inst messing up and not covered in chain oil and saw chip

Wot he said:thumbup: worth disconnecting the kill switch wire from the coil and trying it again as sometimes they chafe and earth out.

I have had a saw with the same symptoms that just needed the gap between the flywheel and coil closing up.

Are you pulling the saw over pretty fast? Some saws need a good tug to produce a fat spark - the 066 seems to be one of them!

You will find a number of models will share the same coil so a spare shouldn't break the bank if it is bad - 503 90 12-01 is the part number - looks like the 254 shares the same part.

• 2 weeks later...

just to say i finally found a bit of time to have a go at getting the 262 going!

Moved the coil just a tiny little bit gave the plug a little clean and checked all the wire connections while i was in there.

Put it all back together and 3 pulls and away it went

Over the moon, get in there:001_smile:

Thank you spud and chazzer for all your help, really grateful cheers :thumbup:

Happy dayz

Edited by Nellybelly