Tree magic 2 & Swivel?

Arran Turner

Ive got a Tree magic 2 harness, love it loads, but i want to put a swivel on it, but its a belt on the front with sliding d's on it.

Would it be crazy to cut the belt off and replace with 8mm marlow boa + swivel, 8mm boa because thats what will fit through the gap :001_smile:

If crazy shoot me down now :001_smile:

Arran

go.jpg.d66b3d2f643afcbaf4749b6cc8012516.jpg

Just an idea but replace the 2 D rings at either side of your bridge with rings (the same ones that the Petzl Sequoia have) and run your 8mm Marlow on them with double fishermans at either end.

Clever, like your line of thought :001_smile:

Would chopping and changing so much effect my loler?

Arran

If you're set on SRT, a swivel is fairly irrelevant, though the petzl ring idea sounds good. Either that or fit the rings and a sequoia bridge, the swivel will fit that too. I'd check anything with your loler inspector BEFORE making any mods though

pretty sure you cant buy the rings seperate from the sequoia harness.. if your using an 8mm bridge i would definetly have at least a 6mm bacnkup bridge going through the hole as well. 8mm will look very skinny when its loaded, especially at height. and therees been enough stories of bridges failing recently..... as for loler, id be dubious

I used two rigging plates instead of bridge rings as the triangle hole lines up the leg loop and top webbing nicely. I did it about a month ago and it works really well. I used globe 3000 for the bridge rope. Same as a treemotion so it should be fit for purpose. I wouldn't know if it would pass loler though cos I'm working in australia. Can't upload on this device but onelab has a photo of how I've done it somewhere. Maybe drop him a pm.

If its the rings on the Sequoia that you can open up you are refering to then Drew is right they are unavailable as a spare. I asked a while ago and was told they dont sell them incase they are used for other purposes that they were not designed for.