Husq XP Saw = XP Oil mix?

raafbeard

Husqvarna have looked at the saw and they are blaming the fuel.

I didn't think I had left it that long.

What are peoples views on reasonable shelf life for mixed fuel??

When they are blaming the fuel are they sating it was mixed the wrong ratio ( or not at all ) or are they saying it was left for too long ? Its not un heard of for people to sometimes put neat petrol in the tank an run it ! Some one did that once thinking it was the oil in the chain lube tank the oiled the engine ! I would not leave mixed fuel longer than a 4-6 weeks before I used it . Others may say not as long as that maybe . You need to check that you are mixing it correctly , the correct amount of 2 stroke oil to petrol just in case - - - -

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some say neat some say poorly mixed, of which it was neither.

Just old ...and from what you guys are saying there is no point in me holding my own mix as I would never get through 5l in personal use that quickly.

Just have to pilfer it from the Boss when I need to use a saw... :lol:

Some say neat some say poorly mixed, of which it was neither.

Just old ...and from what you guys are saying there is no point in me holding my own mix as I would never get through 5l in personal use that quickly.

Just have to pilfer it from the Boss when I need to use a saw... :lol:

Or buy some Aspen. :001_smile:

Already on the case - cheers:thumbup:

Steve you need a cape and wear your shreddies out side of your tights and the big S on your chest will be for "SPUD" ! ! :thumbup: By the way have finished on the big red wood so can send the 395 for you to cast your eye over if you got space . Best regards Andy .