NPTC Assessment Schedules. MIA or AWOL?

Bolt

Have they gone completely?

Are they elsewhere on the interweb?

I scratched about on the City and Guilds website for a while but found nothing.

Where will I cut-and-paste from if they are a thing of the past.....

• 3 weeks later...

The changes in the quals follows the review of NAtional Occupational Standards for the induistry , completed earlier this year. I suspect that the biggest change isn't in the qual so much as that City and Guild (NPTC) will nolonger be the only awarding body offering them. Lantra Awards, who currently do the training courses, will soon be offering the assessment as well.

The changes in the quals follows the review of NAtional Occupational Standards for the induistry , completed earlier this year. I suspect that the biggest change isn't in the qual so much as that City and Guild (NPTC) will nolonger be the only awarding body offering them. Lantra Awards, who currently do the training courses, will soon be offering the assessment as well.

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for the information here, very useful.

Will the Lantra courses follow the traditional 'independent assessor' route or the ITA (integrated training and assessment) route? If the latter will it still be permissible for Lantra to issue a 'certificate of competence' as required under PUWER ACOP Reg.9 for chainsaw operators?

Thanks in anticipation.

Paul

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for the information here, very useful.

Will the Lantra courses follow the traditional 'independent assessor' route or the ITA (integrated training and assessment) route? If the latter will it still be permissible for Lantra to issue a 'certificate of competence' as required under PUWER ACOP Reg.9 for chainsaw operators?

Thanks in anticipation.

Paul

And then there is NPTC C&G now doing IA (intergrated assessments) training with assessment by the same person. Almost the same as an ITA but with a subtle different in the assessment proceedure. Confusing yes and other training organisation getting on board with there accredited courses. It is difficult for trainers and training companies to keep a handle on it - god help employers and candidates training to work it all out.

And then there is NPTC C&G now doing IA (intergrated assessments) training with assessment by the same person. Almost the same as an ITA but with a subtle different in the assessment proceedure. Confusing yes and other training organisation getting on board with there accredited courses. It is difficult for trainers and training companies to keep a handle on it - god help employers and candidates training to work it all out.

Perhaps too simplistic but hopefully it will be a case of "either / or" meets the PUWER requirements, kinda as chipper training can/does.

'Fingers crossed'..!

Cheers,

Paul

I believe the Lantra training books are going to be revamped in the near future. I was given a rough draft of the CS 30 book and asked to give feedback on, by the guy Lantra are liasing with to update them.

Also I believe the CS units are being changed slightly again. I recently did my CS32,which was medium trees but now it is medium and large trees combined and they are introducing a unit that will be called "directional felling with mechanical aid" or something along those lines.

There are probably more changes but those are just the bits I was told.