Climate change- discuss

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like roughly a 1-2% rise if everything suddenly melted. I'd imagine that would be enough to wet my feet. What's the average depth of the sea? Say it was 3000 metres (I don't know the correct answer but that figure rings a bell).

1-2% of that = 30-60 metres rise. Sploosh!

The current scientific consesus among the majority of climate scientists is that AGW is real phenomena, but then you can always find & quote material from the the small number of scientists who still dispute it etc.

This misleads the general public into thinking its still in dispute.

See the paragraph A GUIDE TO FACTS AND FICTIONS ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE bit for what im trying to say :001_smile:

House of Lords - Economic Affairs - Written Evidence

Don't know if anyone follows the scientific literature, but recently Nature Climate Change published a letter by Bain et al on the psychology of climate change "deniers" titled "Promoting pro-environmental action in climate change deniers" which caused a bit of a furore, Bain defended the letter in the blogosphere which caused more furore. In response, Dr. Robert G. Brown (a physicist of Duke University) wrote what is probably the best summation of climate science I have ever read, it's well worth a read, especially for anyone convinced that the "science is settled" or that 99% of scientists prefer CAGW whiskers to any other brand of cat food.

A response to Dr. Paul Bain’s use of ‘denier’ in the scientific literature

links to the full story within the linked article

Pumpy