Climbing for fun.

Tribaltree

aye do a bit of rec climbing aswell when a get time with my mate he just got his tickets and not had is break yet so its good practice for him.

also he still adjusting to new hieghts every time we go out a pick a bigger tree to climb and its great to watch him s#*t his pants :scared1:

nothing better to grab the gear on frosty clear morning get up the biggest tree around sit back and take in the view:proud:

I can understand the heights issue, not used to it myself as I used to have that nasty thing called vertigo, but give me a purpose when I climb a tree and it dissappears.

I bet you get some nice views up in scotland.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love to climb just for fun. No pressure, nothing else to think about apart from how to safely get to the top and enjoy the view :001_cool: Its just like being a kid again except better because the addition of ropes, harness and other climbing aids mean no branch is ever out of reach anymore :001_smile:

I can understand the heights issue, not used to it myself as I used to have that nasty thing called vertigo, but give me a purpose when I climb a tree and it dissappears.

I bet you get some nice views up in scotland.

everyone differnt a surpose tribaltree he's getting better though when am with him a put tags out on the tips and get him to go and touch them seems to take his mind off the hight.

yeah views amazing where ever you climb a don't get much time to take in some of the views coz your busy working. but some times you just have to make time a need to invest in a good digi cam and get some good pics.

we going to do a recy climb on boxing day from the top of a good sized hill on a clear day you can see the lake distric and on the other side you can see the galloway hills. so here's hoping we get a good day for it will post the pics :w00t:

sanny, try making a nunchuck with two sticks and a shoe lace, then throw it into the tree, the challenge is to retreave it.

Thats one thing we have been doing aswell as timing eachother up and down a tree.

Me and the guys at my college are looking to go to diffrerent areas in the UK to get more experience and nice pictures.

I'm hopefully going to try and collect a database of areas of interest for arborists and the public as I want to get a side business of taking people up trees.

I tried rec tree climbing one day, i can't do it 'for fun' i have to have a target.

I am trying to do this just now

DSC00262.jpg

its tough

edit: oh you can just see my rope hanging down, second attempt i gota bit further but its tough tough tough.

Jamie

sanny, try making a nunchuck with two sticks and a shoe lace, then throw it into the tree, the challenge is to retreave it.

Thats one thing we have been doing aswell as timing eachother up and down a tree.

Me and the guys at my college are looking to go to diffrerent areas in the UK to get more experience and nice pictures.

I'm hopefully going to try and collect a database of areas of interest for arborists and the public as I want to get a side business of taking people up trees.

nice idea will have to try that out simple and affective :thumbup1:

me and a few of my mates are going up to fort william to climb ben nevis next summer think aye will chuck the gear in the car. was up there for my honeymoon back in june there and seen some great trees to climb amazing views to die for.

theres a place called cairndow just west of loch lomand about an hour an a halfs drive from glasgow its got sum british championship trees check out my photo album got a couple ow pics of them dont know if you'l be allowed to climb them but whats the harm in asking:001_smile: