Stereo

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fortune favours the brave.

Double the time and money you think that it will take to get running.

Is it a Fordson ?

Book price for non running mostly complete is £950, to good restored £4500.

Do you feel lucky ?

Sent from my Galaxy arse using tupping talk.

I've had a good look at it and spares on the web and yes it needs virtually every panel replacing so a good few hundred but that would be ok if I can pull a reasonable mower, run a splitter and skid bigger stuff out of the wood. I don't really need a big tractor with the land I have. I was looking at a cheap 780dt which is what we had for ploughing etc but on 40 acres it's overkill.

I guess i need to drag it out and see if I can get it running before I work on the looks.

I've had a good look at it and spares on the web and yes it needs virtually every panel replacing so a good few hundred but that would be ok if I can pull a reasonable mower, run a splitter and skid bigger stuff out of the wood. I don't really need a big tractor with the land I have. I was looking at a cheap 780dt which is what we had for ploughing etc but on 40 acres it's overkill.

I guess i need to drag it out and see if I can get it running before I work on the looks.

You are lucky to have a good source of new and used spares locally at Ron Greet:thumbup1:

Yep, you can find just about anything there.

I've just found out that it was started about 5 years ago using a couple batteries in series but not left running as the rad is shot. So it goes. No idea what the transmition is like but I reckon OK. Bound to need some brake linings, joints and probably seals in the hydraulics etc. but maybe a grand on panels and it could be a nice useful machine. Dad reckons he's got the log book somewhere as well.

Edited by Stereo

If you can have it free id defo give it a go its a fordson super dexta and going by the colours its a 1962 (ford changed to white/blue in 1963) I have one exactly like that only in running order with panels mostly complete it's a great little machine mine gets used for ploughing, rotovating, grading and hauling out log wood with an adapted old 3ton tipper trailer chassis. It's far lighter on the ground than a full size tractor but is much more useable than a quad. Hope you can get it going and preserve it but if not let me know as I would be very interested in it as a parts donor for my one

Cheers tractor62 (graham)

Thanks Graham, I'm going to give it a go. Could do with a little tractor that can pull a mower at least and skidding bigger logs would be very handy.

I was trying to remember what it was like to drive and I can't remember if it was this one or our Massey 35 but one had a really high 3rd gear. It would be a little step up to 2nd and then you had to wind it right up and hit third. It would struggle for a bit and then the torque would kick in and you would be off like a rocket (probably about 6mph in reality!). Is your dexta like that?

I found the plate for this one 226 MOD. Pity it can't be transfered to a car. Might be worth a bit!

Thanks Graham, I'm going to give it a go. Could do with a little tractor that can pull a mower at least and skidding bigger logs would be very handy.

I was trying to remember what it was like to drive and I can't remember if it was this one or our Massey 35 but one had a really high 3rd gear. It would be a little step up to 2nd and then you had to wind it right up and hit third. It would struggle for a bit and then the torque would kick in and you would be off like a rocket (probably about 6mph in reality!). Is your dexta like that?

I found the plate for this one 226 MOD. Pity it can't be transfered to a car. Might be worth a bit!

we had a Massey like that,put it in 3rd,dump the clutch,wheelie time!!