Am gettin there!

difflock

See att photos

An element of serindipity (happy accident?)

The saw was too small to fit the tractor.

Bugger! I thought..............................................

However my saw/forklift dilemma was solved as seen below.

Bring 4 or 5 pallets near hand, hook up PTO, and away we go.

PS a wee pallet truck is all I need to move the pallets a couple of metres across the concrete, but hey I could even carry them.

I awarded myself a pint of most excellent Guiness for this brainwave.

I might yet fit front links and put the forklift semi-permenantly on the front, or a wee "logging" blade when needed..

Signed,

Gibber

mutter

& of course

Twitch

597660ad5e853_cuttingstickthelazywaymay2012005.jpg.61a7446bc31f6fd6565320bb45b6ba57.jpg

597660ad5bab8_cuttingstickthelazywaymay2012004.jpg.c8d98b2fc1ed3f157d6a3f6ca6a13cc5.jpg

597660ad59a2a_cuttingstickthelazywaymay2012003.jpg.6af14e09f844a088d53ab50a0e00cffd.jpg

Edited by difflock

Very nice!

Out of interest, how long does it take to cut a M3 of cut logs from the billets?

Are yours 1m long so you get x4 250mm logs from each billet?

I'm just about to go onto billets as i think it will save an awful lot of time and handling. I got fed up last winter trying to find space to store empty crates and have enough space to get to the other crates. Then theres loading the trucks by hand.... I've had enough! HOPEFULLY billets are my answer!

Matt,

I am slowly learning from my errors and mistakes,

I did figger that the best way to air dry was stacked outside in layers time about at 90 deg to other, and if built on pallets then one lift and feed through the saw,

really the wee elevator is only intended or designed for trailer or crate or bulk bag filling, I might yet pick up an old fertilizer elevator for more reach.

Ideally I need them in bags or other bulk containers for onward use or sale, but I choked at the price and likely longivity of the vented bags, plus I have no handy (as in manouverable ) forklift to pack them in the shed.

However if for using bulk bags simply stack the billets in a row like wine bottles in a bin and cut direct into bags outside then mechanically handle theron

oh

oops

a kinda random lengths, nominally I can get away with 550mm for either the boiler or the Morso stove, but depending on bends, girth, big knots etc they are pretty random lengths.

and yes nominally 1000 to 1100 long billets, just nice to manhandle.

The PTO driven circular saw is a complete revelation:thumbup:

Running at a fast tick over on the 1000 shaft:thumbup:

As always, signed,

G, M & T

Sorry, not put the stop watch on myself yet, I will when I am sorted out properly.

So Matt, despite the buggers muddle my shed is in, I finally got rid of 2 stacked pallets in one go.

Stacked volume, and photos on Monday, .9m by .9m by 2m hi by 2 No

=.81 by 4 = 3.24m, mostly 1/2 rounds, cut probably biggest %age into 3rds or quarters, some prob about 25 to 30% merely cut in half

In 30 mins dead.

Went into house, looked at clock, outside and started tractor, cleared both pallets incl for moving the conveyor sideways twice, stacked empty pallets and back into the house.

Exactly one half hour.

Work done between 17.45 and 18.15, after a full days work.

Working steadily, not rushing.

But the time is taken moving the kit about and bringing fresh pallets forward, and drinking tea etc etc.:thumbup:

cheers

m

Erm

PS

I only caught on one nail , but of course, it was a steel nail

BUGGER!

:blushing::thumbdown:

Edited by difflock

So Matt, despite the buggers muddle my shed is in, I finally got rid of 2 stacked pallets in one go.

Stacked volume, and photos on Monday, .9m by .9m by 2m hi by 2 No

=.81 by 4 = 3.24m, mostly 1/2 rounds, cut probably biggest %age into 3rds or quarters, some prob about 25 to 30% merely cut in half

In 30 mins dead.

Went into house, looked at clock, outside and started tractor, cleared both pallets incl for moving the conveyor sideways twice, stacked empty pallets and back into the house.

Exactly one half hour.

Work done between 17.45 and 18.15, after a full days work.

Working steadily, not rushing.

But the time is taken moving the kit about and bringing fresh pallets forward, and drinking tea etc etc.:thumbup:

cheers

m

Erm

PS

I only caught on one nail , but of course, it was a steel nail

BUGGER!

:blushing::thumbdown:

Thanks for the feedback!

That sounds quick! i figure if i can cut 1m billets into 4 (3 cuts) and do 1m3 in about 20 mins, then it is definitely the way forward.

It probably takes me that long throwing the logs into the back of the truck from the crates!

i'm just sorting out a new splitter, then i'll be after a sawbench with conveyor!

Matt if you need anywhere to put those crates you wont be using let me know! ;)

:lol: I will still need to use some crates for all my arb waste. i wish i could move 1m lengths from site back to the yard... would save alot of ringing up!

i'll give you my contact for the ibc's if you like??!!

did you get my PM the other week about the load handler?

With a dedicated purpose built metronome? type saw it is only fractionally slower to cut them shorter, after all the time consuming work is done in getting the billets the length of the saw bench, a second or so will do each extra cut.

Cheers

marcus