No HNC in the North East???

i was stuck in my ways for 16 years and very happy on a prussick n rope...i had a very good week at work and went shopping at Honey Brothers for somthing new and shiney saw my S.j love at first sight, ha ha!...get your hitch climber set up...cheap as woodchips...try it and post me your verdict.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HND is basically FD.

I did the FD then at the end of the first year started advertising myself locally for work. Slowly building up experience and contacts and skills. That was about exactly 2 years ago today.

Not running a full business in the same degree as others. Work was quiet so I could get in what I had when I was free. There is a lot of material on the course and assignments require a lot of time and extra study. It was a tough slog while trying to work too but I managed and I've just finished the bsc top up

RobArb is doing the FD online working full time.

I am currently on the Level 3 subsidiary diploma (Was once known as the national diploma) at Houghall and i have been picking brains about the higher courses the last few months. As far as i know they are trying to find another University to fund the course as Sunderland has dropped it. It used to be around 1600 quid i think in total but no idea what its going to be in September. Ive not heard about it changing to NVQs as Mr Gill has said so ill ask around.

Mate...you need to step up a gear! You cannot beat rope on rope for no nonsense climbing with less to break provided you inspect your rope prussick krabs often...BUT....Mech tech is the way forward...i recently re pollarded a huge London Plane...not a hip thrust or prussick slide needed. For me it,s the S.j but Chris you gotta try a Hitch climber set up...once you sus it which shouldn,t take long you will never look back!...try hitch and if you like it then go Mech!

I was at houghall in 1993 doing nc arb , three strand nylon all the way:lol::lol:

I was there in 93 with dave and Mr Parker[i love shigo] then it turned to a community college and went down hill and churns out studentswith tickets they should not have as they have to pass them to gain there goverment cash

What is the RFS equivalent to?

It is so frustrating that after 8 years of hard work I am finally in a position to further my education to better myself no college in the North east can supply me with what I want Grrrrrrr!

Had a word with one of the tutors at Houghall today and he said this RFS course is the equivalent to a Level 5/6. Sounds interesting to me and i intend on doing it once ive completed the Level 3.