How far have you ran/cycled/swam today?

Been away on holiday and read a great book. Ultra marathon man confessions of an all night runner by dean karnazes. A great and inspiring read, really want to step up my trail running and mountain biking miles. See if I get through winter with limited injuries but fancy doing "the wall" a ratrace organised challenge running hadrians wall from Carlisle to Newcastle 69miles over two days or one day if your nuts

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twenty five gentle miles today. AVG fifteen mph. No need to go hard this time of year. Day off tomorrow then seventy slow ones on Saturday.

Glad you say that Mick, as Im really struggling at the moment. I cant do anything like what I was doing 2-3 months ago and everyone is telling me not to worry about it, just keep doing the training and start building again next year on much stronger base than last year.

So, will try and lsiten to you and everyone and stop worrying about it but I feel slow and tired and cant be arsed with any of it!! But in the last month I have done "devils aquathon" 2km swim plus 10km run up a hill and back down, steep as you like! and then also did a mountain bike duathlon 5.5km/19km/5.5km and did ok but a bit slow.

And my first half marathon since 1988, in a reasonable 1hr 45 minutes so not all bad!!

Been away on holiday and read a great book. Ultra marathon man confessions of an all night runner by dean karnazes. A great and inspiring read, really want to step up my trail running and mountain biking miles. See if I get through winter with limited injuries but fancy doing "the wall" a ratrace organised challenge running hadrians wall from Carlisle to Newcastle 69miles over two days or one day if your nuts

Its a great route

i did burrowness to newcastle last year great ride

100 miles one day and got train back to digs in burrowness:thumbup:

Its a great route

i did burrowness to newcastle last year great ride

100 miles one day and got train back to digs in burrowness:thumbup:

Sounds like a busy day:thumbup1:

Been trying to build up my long distances over the Summer, but not managed

a 100 so far. Just got myself a new bike which is making a big difference, so will give it a go before long.

BURROWNESS?? :confused1::confused1:

Sounds like a busy day:thumbup1:

Been trying to build up my long distances over the Summer, but not managed

a 100 so far. Just got myself a new bike which is making a big difference, so will give it a go before long.

BURROWNESS?? :confused1::confused1:

What bike did you get

Sorry spelling not good

bowness on solway

did this one in the summer Barca Ten 1000 Mile Bike Challenge | A 1600 Kilometre Cycle Ride Over 8 Days From Calais To Barcelona Via The Pyrenees