How far have you ran/cycled/swam today?

I think he means on a bike, not running! Hi Ben!

re bike shop: Old bikes are cool, dont let them tell you to buy new, in fact try another shop next time. I go to one thats happy to fix up old stuff (although I can do 99% of it myself). Biking shouldnt be elitist, thats one of the things that puts me off.

I have bought a modern carbon fibre road bike just to fit in with the triathlon club but they are certainly not an elitist bunch, they are just up for a lot of excersise!

I stear away from groups of mountian bikers on full suss machines at £1000's as most of them a just loud and annoying and cant ride a bike unless its got suspension. But having said that I did the local mountain bike trail on a full susser a few weeks ago and beat my best times on every section so I can see the appeal! But old school is still my favorite.

Did a 50km off road bike race last weekend on my 21yr old kili racer, and had zero mechanical issues!

I would usually get my ex's dad to do it but he's away. He operates out of droitwich. I have quite happily been using my apollo slant for 5 years and really abusing it. For a £150 halfords half price offer it has done amazingly. Now however it really is deceased. Did icebreaker at eastnor on it and had a heavy landing. Thought ok though. Did another event at Hallow and back wheel came off. Bottom of the forks at the back have bend and buckled.

I am planning on doing more riding later in the year and long charity rides next year. So will go a bit better then i think.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366657593.784599.jpg.90991b0778af421ff4fe605f17c6ea3b.jpg

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive just got back from a 8mile run 1.03:14 not bad considering i was only going to do 6 :-)

image.jpg

I love my full sus bike, usedf to have a hard tail, but having had my Cube about 2yrs i dont think i could change it, being able to lock the suspension out is wicked

Before its first ride out at degla, hated the tyres so i have xc pros on it again now

cube095.jpg

I thinks hats the corner ppl are smiling at as there is only about 3-4 miles to go,

I wud enjoy biking on anything I think, I'm trying to get my friend to let me buy is OnOne inbred but its one if the old handbuilt ones and its epic,

Having sed that tho, it's all about the rider and less the bike