Knives

Sam Thompson

Not sharpened, but used. I did think about leaving it in the box and not touching it but I just had to have a play.

I agree nick! these knives are meant to be used that what makes them hard to find in new condition how long we're you on the waiting list for? The last I read it was 15 years!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name is still down!

I got lucky though, someone I know ordered one, name came up and he couldn't afford it pay for it.

Out of interest, do you know what these are going for s/hand?

I would think you can probbly get about £50 less than list priice withot a problem, maybe more as I know the Alan Wood versions go for as much/more than on RM's website!

Does anyone else appreciate a good bit of steel? I have a few, mainly stalking jobbys, but I also have one "posh" knife, a Ben Orford woodlands knife. It's a cracking bit of kit, lovely balance and craftsmanship. It still gets used for stalking and general stuff - but I'm a bit more careful with it, it gets an oil a lot more than the others too!

Anyone else like blades in a non-rambo/samurai sword way?

HI ALL I'm looking for a good knife like ray mears or ben orford / bernie garland cash on pick up thanks jon :thumbup:

Does anyone else appreciate a good bit of steel? I have a few, mainly stalking jobbys, but I also have one "posh" knife, a Ben Orford woodlands knife. It's a cracking bit of kit, lovely balance and craftsmanship. It still gets used for stalking and general stuff - but I'm a bit more careful with it, it gets an oil a lot more than the others too!

Anyone else like blades in a non-rambo/samurai sword way?

HI ALL so theres no one out there with a nice hand made pocket knife for sale must be in very good nick cash on pick up jon :thumbup:

HI ALL so theres no one out there with a nice hand made pocket knife for sale must be in very good nick cash on pick up jon :thumbup:

To be brutally honest John it doesn't surprise me. If you get a custom knife most people will never sell them - you get it made in a lot of cases exactly to your specs, it's an individual item completely custom. I think your best getting in touch with Ben Orford, Bernie G etc. and getting one done just how you want it. You'll never buy another knife again if you get it right!

Also look at Roger here http://www.bisonbushcraft.co.uk/page10/page10.html

The SWC Ray Mears job above that Nick has for sale looks a lovely knife though, I'd seriously look at that if I was in the market - and being RM branded it will always hold its value.

my 2 stalking knives ones a GM Timberwolf pup i would sell if any one was interested

I have a swingblade for stalking, cracking idea/invention!

Edited by Sam Thompson
Mr. Harriman link!

• 4 weeks later...