Brand new, ArboristApps now available

Steve Bullman

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know but I don't like stretching apps on the screen. Doesn't look right! A proper iPad version would be ace!

Rob, I was lead to believe by the App developer it would be stretched, however it is not. It appears to retain the dimensions of the iphone version and fills in the space with black....which unless you are looking for it, just blends in with the black surround of the ipad. It does look fantastic on the ipad and i'm not just saying that(even though I am) :biggrin:

For a future update it'd be to know if they are edible or poisonous in the notes.

As Dave already said...this wasnt the focus of the app, although it was discussed as to wether we should include this. We decided the liability of it was too great, and whilst some of the ones which we definetly know to be poisonous are listed, edible ones are not.

Anyone else having trouble with the knot guide? I click the app then it just goes off, over and over and over, I've not been able to get on it yet.

Mozza....this is most likely because your iphone is not up to date...you will need to update in itunes. Another member was having this same problem and was unable to update his iphone3. It appears the iphone 3 will not run on the newer versions of the operating system. The compatible operating system for the app is listed in itunes prior to downloading...I was hoping itunes would also recognize operating systems on phones but it appears it doesnt. Hopefully you have a model capable of upgrade...please let me know

On android app, my back arrow wont get me out of app to close. Does it close after using home button?

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

I'll have a look into this later. I have an android phone but have only used it to test the app so am not 100% up to speed with the general navigation of the devices. There is no back button on iphones so no real way to close the app on the iphone....It didnt occur to me that the back button on the android closes apps so havent checked this out on mine but will do shortly.

Is this an important issue to android users?

When I start the knot guide it downloads 808 files and says "this may take a while", it does, several minutes on the wifi

Yes it will on first use. When buying the app you are essentially purchasing the framework for the app. Upon opening you are then required to download the data for the app which is then saved in your phone for future use. This also allows you to receive new information, so periodically if we add a knot, or add any information to a knot, you will then get a smaller update on start up.