Neck Pain!!

Nellybelly

Cheers, I am fascinated by all these things and how the body sorts itself out given time, and what casues these things as well. Taking time off for your neck and hurting your lower back in the process is quite typical, you have changed your behavour/positioning for one problem and caused another. I have heard of that before.

I once hurt my back (not a full on slipped disc but similar) because I stood on a nail! It penetrated my foot so I limped around like a wuss for a day and put my back out!! The back pain was far worse that the hole in my foot.

Funny you say that Rupe, i twisted an ankle a couple of weeks ago and ended up with back pain because of the way i was hobblin around nursing it,

Just back from the docs and he thinks it was a trapped nerve! going by how its eased and the pain i'm in now is more of a muscular soreness than the sharp pulsing pain i was in feeling all yesterday, strong ibuprofen is doing the trick on the pain now.

Wish i'd tried ibuprofen 1st thing yesterday i always reach straight for the strongest thing i can get my hands on and had some co-dydramol left over from when i was in a car smash a couple of years ago, they didn't work a bit for the pain but some low dosage over the counter ibuprofen took the edge of in around 20mins!

Goes to show how some meds treat pain better than others,

Thanks again to rupe for the advice, life saver.

Nellybelly, the chances are the 'injury' is not at the site of the pain. For example, I currently have an on going problem with pain in my biceps and fore arm but the problem is in my neck.

Forget the doctor as although a GP is very knowledgeable, he is a General Practitioner not an expert. You need an expert so get to an Osteopath or Physiotherapist, try to avoid a Chiropractor.

Good luck mate.

I put my back out couple of winters ago righting an old horse that had got stuck in the snow . Had to crawl out of the field , never had any back trouble before this . I'm convinced a heated mattress combined with plenty of horseriding is the answer . If i start to feel a slight niggle i step up the horseriding and its gone , it really is fantastic for strengthening the core :001_smile:

I'm glad you have it sorted.

Just remember there is no such thing as better or worse Ibuprofen, so tesco value ibuprofen is EXACTLY the same as nurofen!!! Its the mgs of ibuprofen that count, you cant get stronger or weaker, just more or less active ingrediant.

Nurofen is the biggest rip off!!! If it says 500mg of Ibupofen then that is exactly the same a 500mg of tesco value ibuprofen or any other make. Its one of the cheapest drugs to manufacture and really no need to get it in a fancy box!!

Rant over.

I used to go to a chiropractor quite often until I realised that all you actually get is another appointment!!

I was on tramadol, it said 1-2 tablets as and when it hurts and dont exceed 8 a day.

It took 8 a day to remove the pain so I just went at it full strenght for 6 months. Was very addicted! Had to set my watch for the time to take the next 2 as missing a dose was not pleasant at all. But it worked, about 2-3 weeks off while settling on the right painkillers (tried everything else before tramadol) and then back to work. Instead of the 6 months off work that I was recomended by the doc, and 8-12 months that it could have been if I had surgery on it (waiting list plus recovery time). Back was ok in around 4-5 months but the addiction lasted a bit longer!!!

Only problem is that I am now not overly sympathetic with people who have a little ouch here and there!!