Free Postage

sethgill

This is a copy of an email from ***** when I dare ask if they would do free postage on a large order...

Hi

When the carriers and royal mail give me free postage i will pass that on untill then, if you want your postage for free go elsewhere

Regards

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by Steve Bullman
bad form

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just laughed my socks off reading that! I know where they're coming from, but it's not exactly a very good way to say it. Trouble nowadays with the internet is that so many people expect free this and free that. ****** could perhaps have said "we are unable to offer free postage however items posted together will be done so at a reduced rate" or something. The person replying to your email was probably having a bad day.

Edited by Steve Bullman

I just laughed my socks off reading that! I know where they're coming from, but it's not exactly a very good way to say it. Trouble nowadays with the internet is that so many people expect free this and free that. ****** could perhaps have said "we are unable to offer free postage however items posted together will be done so at a reduced rate" or something. The person replying to your email was probably having a bad day.

Absolutely, yes agreed it’s annoying people wanting discounts and margins are being squeezed to the point they are only making a few pounds on internet sales but that’s the business they choose to be in. If they wanted instead to set up as a local supplier who makes a healthy margin with lower volume then that’s fine I think this chap in question should do that. Or do as I advised him and to do is pay someone else to answer his company’s emails.

My gripe is that they want silly money to post to the highlands of Scotland.

Most couriers do surcharge heavily for the highlands and it's no good saying this or that service is the same price if that company doesn't use that service.

The reply you got was below par and without making excuses, you would be amazed at how many rude, aggressive and cheeky emails you get when you sell online. I've been threatened with violence twice in the last Month. We are constantly being asked to give huge discounts and many people seem to think that online sellers should not be trying to make a profit at all.

I'm not saying that you were anything but polite in your enquiry but it takes some skill to endure a poostorm of angry emails and maintain a polite demeanour. This person maybe hasn't acquired that skill as yet.

What was the wording of your enquiry? Many emails we get say something like 'free postage over £100?' and you kind of think if you can't be bothered asking a polite question.......

M

What was the wording of your enquiry? Many emails we get say something like 'free postage over £100?' and you kind of think if you can't be bothered asking a polite question.......

Spot on. You wouldnt believe some of the emails I get....typically stuff like 'lost password, send new'.......these go ignored