The diary of an obsessive compulsive arborist

what benefit did you gain by that comment

All I did as ask a question. Let's say a ban came into force. No more imported trees from Holland or wherever, who or what is to stop the spread now that it has already landed.

Is this issue JUST about ONE pathogen?

Do you know how lax the border is on this kind of thing? do you know how many pathogens and issues have been shipped from this source in the last thirty years?

go look it up and then tell me.

Im sorry but your response was a bit pessimistic, i choose optomism and its not just about this one disease

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but you still haven't explained how to eliminate the threat. Tightening the borders might stop future diseases etc coming through but you only know an infection has arrived until it displays its symptoms and by that rate it's already made its home is what I was getting at. This " one disease" is what I'm talking about in specific. Not generically.

Yes but you still haven't explained how to eliminate the threat. Tightening the borders might stop future diseases etc coming through but you only know an infection has arrived until it displays its symptoms and by that rate it's already made its home is what I was getting at. This " one disease" is what I'm talking about in specific. Not generically.

In the U.K we have a great oportunity to prevent these things, were an island.

One port, one control agency is the answer Im still working out the legal side and how we could practicaly deal with this situation.

a ban on imports may not be achievable as crazy as it sounds, the french have already been stung in trying apparently.

when I know a LOT more about the details I will come back to this, I was sent a reality check last night so got some work to do.

Call to the LA is in order methinks...

not a conservation area nor TPO trees, and I wouldnt mind but this is AFTER I emailed the client of these developers regarding BS5837 in no uncertain terms.

since information has been delivered trenching has been carried out along a line of Oaks, a play ground has been erected and soil levels raised over RPAs this site used to rival Kew in its hey day and was the scene for many avengers programs.

This is not a case of ignorance, they became aware of the standards 6 months ago or longer, so I am going to write once more and inform them of my utter disgust and refuse to work there again as it is clear they have no interests in quality workmanship or tree health care.