Hobbs or GRCS or other

Lee Winger

It would be good if any HOBBS/GRCS users out there could put together a workshop, regarding how to use and get the best out of these great bit of kit..

I'm sure a workshop such as this could also bring in a few quid to its organisers!

Would you be up for it Reg...:wave:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It would be good if any HOBBS/GRCS users out there could put together a workshop, regarding how to use and get the best out of these great bit of kit..

I'm sure a workshop such as this could also bring in a few quid to its organisers!

Lee, the hobbs has instructions/guidelines plastered all over it. The winch and mouting options are permenant feature's so there's no swapping and changing involved. I will say that not only does it appear bomb proof but idiot proof also.....hey, at least, I figured it out!

Perhaps there's a little more scope for a GRCS workshop, which does have changeble parts i.e. the winch, visor, and of course the winch/drill/man-lift facility displayed in Bodeans video....although I'm not sure that our UK trees are really tall enough to warrant taking a generator on the job. But who know's, it could catch on!

I will, however, put some video together of the hobbs over the next couple of weeks, no problem at all:icon14:

Love to! Greg Good and myself. Let us know when you have the plane tickets, lodging, food, and transportation organized. 4 days and 2 nights should do it in order to get maximum coverage. I am going to need a bit of spending money also...

We need 1 month advance notice....

:tee:

:thumbsdown:

I second that.

I spotted this winch at a TCIA show.

http://www.wesspur.com/portablewinch/portablewinch.html

When the guy was unpacking it, the capstan got bent from simply being carried around.

It is made of super thin alum.

Also, any chunks, bits of tree, pine cones, whatever will come right down and crush the super delicate parts on the engine.

Usually with tree work, communication with the climber is essential.

With that engine running you cant hear anything

PCW5000_01_150.gif.91804035b925ce9c840f119b6903d0f4.gif

• 2 months later...

Hi Andy Goddard

I see you got a GRCS then. I took one down to Cardiff last August for you. Called you up 1001 times, thought that Torchwood must have locked you up in one of them there vaults.

Glad to see that you made it out anyways.

Rob @ Treeworker

:ohmy::001_smile: