How long does your UJ Last on your 90/110/130 land rover

mendiplogs

HI TYZ thanks for that mate we take the complete shaft off and mark it in a line but one we do not do is more grease in when we put in new ones next time we will fit TD5 props they have larger UJS by 20mm we do not pop the seals out when grease as you said grit will get in thanks jon :thumbup:

As i said in my earlier post the td5 has a flat angle diff so has the ujs in line. the 300/200 has an angled diff so has staggered ujs. i don't think the td5 will fit the 300?

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just replaced all my UJs on my 300tdi as a matter of course as giving it a complete overhaul. They should last for years really but over greasing can be very bad for them, unlike the propshaft slide joints. I would get your propshafts rebalanced as this could be causing it. Also i have a front propshaft off a TD5 on my early '94 300tdi.

I have just replaced all my UJs on my 300tdi as a matter of course as giving it a complete overhaul. They should last for years really but over greasing can be very bad for them, unlike the propshaft slide joints. I would get your propshafts rebalanced as this could be causing it. Also i have a front propshaft off a TD5 on my early '94 300tdi.

Hi mate your right there ref td 5 props there far better thanks jon

'02 plate Td5 Disco - 200k miles - still on all original UJs (including the front propshaft which has the double joint that can't be lubed)

'07 plate Tdci Defender - 100k miles - all original UJs.

They should last a long time.

I would never let anything that came in a packet with the word "Britpart" on it anywhere near either vehicle now. I have bought a few such parts over the years, and sad to say I have never bought a Britpart part that has not had some kind of a problem.

'02 plate Td5 Disco - 200k miles - still on all original UJs (including the front propshaft which has the double joint that can't be lubed)

'07 plate Tdci Defender - 100k miles - all original UJs.

They should last a long time.

I would never let anything that came in a packet with the word "Britpart" on it anywhere near either vehicle now. I have bought a few such parts over the years, and sad to say I have never bought a Britpart part that has not had some kind of a problem.

HI TREE what do you think of your 07 tdci land rover thanks jon :thumbup: