Messy handwriting!

Pedroski

i,ve never been any good at writing left handed etc and cant write very well at all it,s affected my confidence all my life as i was told i would neve be acaDEMICK whatever that ment but take me as i,am so your not on your own but like your openess and honesty that goes miles for me dont worrie it,s you that will shine through

For graphologists

Capital writing is very interesting

most ransom notes are written in capitals

It's used as a way of hiding your real character

sorry

Eh?

I have never written a ransom note in my life and have nothing to hide either! I am already getting the idea that this graphology mumbo jumbo is a big pile of the proverbial.

Not sorry :001_tt2:

Thanks Predator for the vote of confidence - much appreciated :) I'm also a left hander for writing, and always hated writing at school. I could spend a whole lesson looking busy and have nothing to show for it.

And yet you went on to get a Phd.

Was this the advent of computers that helped

I much prefer to type than write though I know someone who is completely the opposite- needless to say he has very artistic handwriting.

And yet you went on to get a Phd.

Was this the advent of computers that helped

I much prefer to type than write though I know someone who is completely the opposite- needless to say he has very artistic handwriting.

I think the computers for word processing really did help me. The way my brain works I used to get so frustrated writing stuff down as my handwriting ended up almost illegible to me when I was having to keep up with what I was thinking. I can type much faster than write and the whole thing just seems to flow so much better. Strangely, one of the things I love to go out and buy is a new pen! Wish I had artistic writing. Perhaps it's something I should work on more.

Funny thing happened last year. We were at a quiz night at the school of one of my kids. My kid's teacher is a girl (well, lady) who I used to work with and speak to every day, she left to retrain as a teacher, I left to go to uni. Anyway, this teacher was running the quiz night, and giving the questions and marking etc. She took my sheet, and when she gave it back she had written a note on it saying "hand writing needs practice, must try harder!". Made us all right proper laugh :) Shame I didn't get called in to her office :lol:

Quick update - I got the cover letter all written and posted my CV off yesterday. I had made a mistake of trying to write along lines on paper behind the plain sheet I was writing on. I was spending so much time trying to do perfect straight lines and tidy writing that I just couldn't write with any flow. So I gave that up, restarted and just made sure the first line was straight. I then found all my other lines were pretty straight too! Once written, I gave the letter to my daughter to read through, and was pleased she could read it easily. Job done!

Hope it works out well... digressing a bit, I have done a bit of interviewing & selection at work and I have found that an applied test (i.e. semi real-world scenario) is much much more informative than any CV, interview or standard form aptitude test.

I can't say I'd apply much credence to a handwriting test to be honest, but maybe that's because my handwriting looks like something a doped-up spider dipped in ink would leave on the paper!