do you help/work for nothing

predator

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where i live i have pensioners bungalows all around me and upto all the trouble/bad luck i,ve had in my life i,ve always mowed the gardens for my neighbours as most are disabled and struggle to even get out at times there familys dont help or visit much so i end up helping out mowing the lawn and having a chat with them as i feel sorry as one woman has a steel rod through her spine and cant bend another has learning problems and others age related illness,s etc the only thing i have ever acepted is a cup of tea or a bag of sweets as all i want to do is help them enjoy there garden more as thats all they have left in life

be honest am i mad lol or just kind for helping them out etc. To be honest a thankyou is enough for me as they then end up sitting in there garden chating etc over the fence to me as my garden,s boundry has 5 pensioners gardens around it and they seem to enjoy the sunshine more being out after i,ve strimmed mowed there grass but over the last year i,ve not had the will to do it to be honest its hard to get motivated and feel like i,ve let them all down now i just suppose i will have to push myself harder to do more should i be in the looney bin

like your style mate, ive done community/the above work for free, and still do... nothing wrong with it what so ever! :thumbup1:

just like to thank everyone for your input as for benifits etc i,ve not had non for a while and not been upto going out or doing much of late small things like this helping/letting people down etc gets me all in a fluster i ended today being so tired as i dont sleep well exhausted doing nothing sorry tell a lie i had i cuppa tea in garden listening to the birds calling to each other pairing up etc

i suppose the world will still turn with or without my help my neighbours know of my problems as i have to let people know of my short fuse lack of lifes luster/interests etc i have ups n big downers for days just wanting to be left alone as i get fed up of clever people but no common sense who ask me stupid things drives me mad and drives them away from me as i can get very snappy small things get me down i,a just worry to much about the things i do after working hard all my life and trying to rebuild my life again slowly going now anyway 4.57 am cant sleep yet again exhausted

You sound like a decent bloke to me. I looked after elderly ladys garden next door for 4 years then i reached the stage i had to move to a bigger house. I felt really guilty and didnt know how to tell her i would be gone in a few weeks so i rang the local council housing officer explained the situation and they organised someone to cut it for about £2 a week. Result.

I never took money but she always bought the kids a packet of sweets bless.

I still help people that i feel genuinely need it. BUT i always refuse politely and offer to quote for churchyard requests as they have more money and land than any of us could imagine.

If you're having trouble sleeping try a herbal product called 'Dormeasan'. My wife got me some last week as my hea was all over the place and the lack of sleep was impacing on my day to day life. You put a few drops in a little water and drink before bed.

It's very good, though it tastes foul.

You may still wake up in the night but it stops your mind whirring away so you can drift of to sleep again. It's made from valerian root and hops. And I'll repeat, it tastes foul.

RE

I still help people that i feel genuinely need it. BUT i always refuse politely and offer to quote for churchyard requests as they have more money and land than any of us could imagine

i never thought that the church was rich etc then why are there churchyards so rundown then etc my mums grave would be overgrown only for my family etc cleaning weeding etc yet on my visit to france almost 3 years ago there spick n span like new everything tended too