What to do something about my cherry.

Scottie

I managed to get 3 nice bits of straight cherry and I want to do something with them instead of just turning it into fire wood. My biggest problem is getting it milled. It isn't long enough to take to the local mill at Martin-cum-Grafton near Boroughbridge to get it done. I think if I was to do it with the chainsaw I would loose quite a bit of it through waste. So does anyone in West or North Yorkshire have a work shop that has a saw big enough to deal with the wood to get it milled? Or would be willing to give me time or even a cost to do it?

Thanks yet again.

Hi Scottie,

It wouldn't be surprising if the clamps were over 4ft apart. There are ways of working around this, but they may well not want to for a small one-off job.

Did my PM reach you? (not sure if I got logged out in the middle of it).

Alec