afghanistan

sussexlad

Sorry don't get me wrong Mike, i am not at all being disrespectful of the troops out there and all other theatres, that is not my aim, I am a staunch supporter of our troops. But there are always hidden agendas that they and we are not always privy to, these usually come out when the top secret files are released later on in time. The troops who have and continue to fall, will not die in vain, they did their duty and made the ulitmate sacrifice, in doing a job that we all pay them to do, and they do it well.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, there's always hidden agendas and offshoots from any noble goal or aim but I don't think that is the case with Afghanistan, Iraq is another kettle of fish and we did get dragged into a proverbial excrement storm for lack of swearing. But Afghanistan's security like in times gone past is about a much bigger geopolitical picture in my own humble view, thats why the West and in particular Great Britain has been involved in Afghanistan for 100's of years now from Disraeli to present day.

I didn't mean it to come off as I thought you were trash talking the lads and lasses out there, both in uniform or the civilians or the NGO workers. I just think it's a bit too reductionist to say it could be 1 or 2 agenda's. That Senior Officer just gave 1 viewpoint, a bit like 1 Tree Surgeon giving his view on the job and what it entails, speak to someone else and they offer another view. It's such a huge puzzle of how we got to peacekeeping in Afghanistan, to present day and the future of the Country and security it's going to take years and years of reading and studying to really grasp the whole picture and even then - like you said Andy not all files will be open to Joe Public due to OpSec.

You're speaking of the normal, decent people which is fair enough - this thread has been speaking on the ones who don't see reason and would rather use violence to get what they want via coercion on others

Sorry but that doesn't wash with me, I don't give a fig what they do to one another in Afghanistan and I don't believe all the rubbish about 9/11.

If anything thing its worse now than ever, Muslims see us as modern day crusaders,that need repelling here or there and who can blame them.

If the west really cared about the population of Iraq and Afghanistan, they'd at least have hospitals with enough medicine and trained staff,fresh drinking water wouldn't go amiss either. The ruling elite my friend are there for one thing monetary gain!

This country is run by hypocrites, liars, thieves and cheats the sooner we all wake up to that fact the better.

Whether it '' washes '' or not, fact remains the internet, news outlets and many books cover this topic and past topics extensively, as said in a previous post if you want to bury your head in the sand by all mean's do that - just don't confuse that with Nationalism because it isn't, you're talking about Isolationism which didn't really work out so well as in the 1930's, letting Nations '' get on with their own business '' but that's another debate.

We do our part when and where we can with medical care thats why we protect NGO's operating in there who give food, water, help rebuild infrastructure and medical care - just because you don't deem that '' appropiate '' medical care doesn't mean its not happening, Warzones are quite hard to operate in strangely enough :001_rolleyes: plus I'm pretty sure I mentioned anyone who does get hurt by us or even the Taliban we give medical care to at the risk of our own Soldiers - which the Insurgents plan on by setting up Ambush sites for Chinooks Evaccing Casulaties, Civilian and Soldier.

Think that'll be my tuppence on this debate, enjoy a great discussion :001_smile: