adjustable redirects?

ficus

Anyone have any ideas for adjustable remote srt redirect slings?

eg throwing a loopie over an angled fork (thats very difficult to climb out to) clipping a biner into both legs, put your srt line in the biner then shorten the loopie by pulling down on the tail-

I'm looking for something that can be tensioned/shortened with a downward pulling motion.??

Any help is greatly appreciated..

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question. I'm on RW so climbing back to the point shouldn't be that hard.

Another option in this situation is to just untie the hitch, rope wrench, HC and biners and throw the rope thru- then retie the whole set up- I find that too slow so I'm after something to speed it up.

At the last aerial rescue comp I saw, a few (DDRT) climbers used a short rope (1.5m) with an eye on one end and a hitch and biner on the tail- they chocked it round the redirect limb clipped their line into the biner(redirect) then slid it up the tail- They had to be fairly close to the redirect limb for this set up to work.

Can't you just do it like another base anchored SRT line, but anchor round the trunk or suitable limb where you are? Or secure it with running bowline with long tail so you can retrieve it by pulling the tail? Before setting the line up, attach krab close to the running bowline (on the correct side) with a clove hitch (clove hitch makes it easy to adjust), put the SRT line you are using through the krab, and then pull your redirect line into place. If anchoring on suitable limb, secure it, and away you go. To retrieve, undo the anchor and retrieve it, or pull on the long tail to retrieve it.

couldnt you use the same system as, re-tracing your rope?

i.e landyard in. tuck rope/RW over desired redirect point, then clip back in. Undo lanyard move to desired work place. then do the same backwards to retrieve the rope wrench and rope back to you, by pulling the tail?

bummer if you dont have a crotch tho.....

mog

couldnt you use the same system as, re-tracing your rope?

i.e landyard in. tuck rope/RW over desired redirect point, then clip back in. Undo lanyard move to desired work place. then do the same backwards to retrieve the rope wrench and rope back to you, by pulling the tail?

bummer if you dont have a crotch tho.....

mog

That's what I do.

Without a false crotch I just flick a strop and Karab over the branch.

another option, would be to have another rope and attach that to the top of your Rope, Alpine and bineer etc etc. Then trail it with you until you need to do that redirect.

But you would need a need another system on that, i reckon this would work really well.

and would be fully retrievable too.

mog

perhaps this would work-instead of attaching to an access line you girth hitch the fl prussic to the branch, attach climbing line into the carabiner and pull the loose end. This will advance the carabiner closer to the branch.

P1020135.jpg.d7396b7415a4062b661b14b3fce728a2.jpg

P1020134.jpg.a9caced32879fae9d5bb065668d7d120.jpg