eyes not trees?

Jesse

My right eye retina packed in at the weekend , stuck wide open, spent most of the day in A&E after seeing my doctor, I was given the all clear eventually, my Q is this , when I told my neighbour who is a chiropodist, first thing she asked was have I had any trauma? I didn't like to say to her or my doc, but over the years my right eye has been closed a number of times from fights, boxing ext, is that what she means, or could it be from years of saw dust in the eyes? as a fighter I mostly boxed orthodox and pub, is this going to get better or not? when you lose your sight its no joke, any Doc's out there? and has any one else got any eye probs?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what you mean by your retina "being stuck wide open"? Speak to the doc, explain everything to them and get them to explain everything to you. I've had eye probs, but only scarring on the corneas and loads of floaters.

Dilated pupil, i have also Uveitis history but about 20 years ago this is not related, Scottish? missed what you are saying. Thanks for all input. Doc's ? I don't really like going to see them, or the A&E Place or having a chat with them.

Kjames! Get yourself booked to the Drs tomorrow! Think about blows to the head, anything that may have happen to you to make this happen, then write it down so you don't miss talking about anything when you're in the surgery. Drs can do amazing things but only IF you let them - it's their job, they're paid to see you.

Good Luck!

Kjames! Get yourself booked to the Drs tomorrow! Think about blows to the head, anything that may have happen to you to make this happen, then write it down so you don't miss talking about anything when you're in the surgery. Drs can do amazing things but only IF you let them - it's their job, they're paid to see you.

Good Luck!

I am ashamed, embarrassed beyond belief, I can't talk to my Doc, thanks for your advice. eyes are complex, I think whats done is done.

Man, there's nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed about. You shouldn't have to feel that way. Is there a different doc who you might find it easier talking to?

I avoided doc for nearly all my life, only recently I've been at the docs and the hospital more than anyone I personally know! I thought I was the healthiest person in our family till I nearly popped my clogs a few months back. Now I've realised the doc is alright!

I've have a few eye problems.

The retina in my left eye has detached on two occasions and after 5 ops to correct that, all the trauma to the eye resulted in a cataract forming, which has now been removed.

It doesn't sound like your retina detached so may not be the same as mine but i was warned to avoid impacts on the eye, so no boxing or squash. On both occasions i was told that i could continue playing rugby tho.

I am ashamed, embarrassed beyond belief, I can't talk to my Doc, thanks for your advice. eyes are complex, I think whats done is done.

That's right, bury your head in the sand, I'm sure that will fix the problem.

OR, go to the docs. Nothin to be embarrassed about. Have you any idea how many truly stupid people visit the doctors every day.

My son has a to have a minor eye surgery in a couple of months. We thought it was probably nothing and didn't want to waste the doctors time but took him in anyway. If we hadn't he would have developed a serious visual impairment!

Make an appointment NOW man!