Ms261ce refund?

Guss109

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely if you've had it for a whole year you should have made your mind up before!

A fault, even if it re-occurs twice in a year can't be reason enough?

If you do get a refund, go 550xp, it eats 346's for breakfast, then it warms up and works a bit faster still!

I would normally agree with you but I've only used the saw to do my cs30/31 and a few weekend jobs before it went bang the first time:confused1: now after it has been fixed it's only been used for a couple of hours and it's started squealing again like it did before it went bang. I spoke to the dealer today and it sounds hopefull it should be sorted out:thumbup: so I've to drop it of to my local dealer and get it all checked out and any problems to pass on there contact details. So fingers crossed

The price stlhls make on ebay, there's no need for a re-fund. especially if you bought it from Jonsie at a great price in the first place!

FWIW mine has been fine since we replaced the drum and bearing..

Edit, it has gone again, lasted all of 5 weeks! ebay beckons....

Not all us dealers are the same, I've already admitted to having a few back and been told by Stihl to fit a rim sproket if one fails.

We don't need to cover anything up for Stihl we get paid to fix them under warranty, honestly it is a small percentage that have come back. If you have a problem pop it back and get a new rim sprocket fitted while you wait free of charge.:001_smile: