Boots ... again

dent

i'm in need of a new pair of boots shortly and was wondering what to go for

i currently have protector pro's which are great i love how tall and suporrtive they are however they seem to be badly shapped for my feet and was wondering what else is available that will offer the stiffness and ankle support of them i was considering the husky technical s and the STIHL ADVANCE GTX Chainsaw Boots on honey brothers.or what about the new scaffells

the only things required is they must be 100% waterproof not likely to start leaking soon as i have to work in some fairly boogy conditions sometimes and they may need to come in a size 13 or 14 depending on how the sizing goes

i have used the search function and can't find anything about the stihl advanced gtx boots also everyone else seems to be looking for boots that give you lots of movement and feel like trainers where as i want a really stiff high boot to give lots off ankle protection

• 4 months later...

I have looked at the Pfanner Zermatt GTX, but the Stihl boots offer more protection and more for your money.

Taken from Honey Brothers.

STIHL ADVANCE GTX Chainsaw Boots

STIHL chainsaw boots come with a rough tread profile on the sole, which is essential for a steady stance when working outdoors. Additional protection is provided by a steel toecap and cut-resistant inlay across the entire front of the foot. Breathable, waterproof material and padding inside the boots make them practical and comfortable for everyday use.

• Special profile sole with very good grip.
  • High quality, water-repellent suede.
  • With breathable GORE-TEX™ membrane
  • Additional water and wear protection provided by high-rise rubber edge.
  • Highly absorbent, removable inner sole.
  • Suitable for demanding, professional chain saw uses on hillsides and for tree maintenance.
  • BS EN ISO 17249
  • Cut Resistance Class 2 (≥24m/s)

boot404xl.jpg

Edited by ^TANK^

Meindl air stream. Great boots, I've had them for about a year and 8 months ish. They have had an absolute hideing and I've resolved them once. Never get wet feet, great ankle support to. Deffinately recommended

What Jack says. Had mine four or so years and only just starting to leak after standing in lots of water and even then it's hardly noticable. Extremely comfy and great support all round.

Here's mine. After years of using cheap tosh, I chipped out and have not regretted it a bit. I have size 48 (14 UK) have worn them almost every day for two years (even on holiday, walking & trekking around, weekends etc) and they are still waterproof. The soles are wearing now but I think it may be the inners that pack up first!

Klima Air Tirol Fighter Chainsaw Boots