Mileage allowance

Gray git

No matter whether you are employed or self employed, if you are using your truck for someone else's benefit then surely a "mileage allowance" should reflect that you are enhancing his service/profit margin. It will still be cheaper than him buying and running another vehicle!

I would also have a reconsider about the insurance too. If it is insured for you as a self employed person, fair play, but, if you are employed and using for someone else's gain - then it might not be covered as the goal posts have moved!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop using it!!

45p a mile first 10000 then 25p a mile after that.. If you aint happy with that then dont use it.. If not using it means you dont work then enjoy jeremy kyle.. Too many people on here want every:001_tt2:thing

45p a mile first 10000 then 25p a mile after that.. If you aint happy with that then dont use it.. If not using it means you dont work then enjoy jeremy kyle.. Too many people on here want every:001_tt2:thing

For a employee 45ppm is right. As a subcontractor? I'll hire you and a 130 at that rate any day!

so i will run my little van over to cumbria fron NE . Lets say 200 mile round trip, Thats 35 quid worth of fuel but your gonna pay me £90 plus my day rate. Granted wear and tear and insurance but if i am making £55 a day on my costs which are all tax deductable then thats an extra£275 a week ..Not bad.. Will be having a new motor soon then at your expense!!!!!

so i will run my little van over to cumbria fron NE . Lets say 200 mile round trip, Thats 35 quid worth of fuel but your gonna pay me £90 plus my day rate. Granted wear and tear and insurance but if i am making £55 a day on my costs which are all tax deductable then thats an extra£275 a week ..Not bad.. Will be having a new motor soon then at your expense!!!!!

You will be paying for the extra servicing, increased depreciation, having to replace worn-out parts quicker (can't have down-time when somebody else is relying on your vehicle so you will be unlikely to have the time to fix things yourself and will have to pay a garage to do it) and the person hiring you wil be getting a vehicle cheaper than hiring one. :001_smile:

i'd be asking to fill up at his expense, on a "as and when basis"

when you think you've done £50 worth of fuel, put £75 in to cover wear and tear n insurance.

the reciept goes through your books, and you put the appropriate milage on your timesheet to cover the money for the fuel bought.

as mentioned by stevie, if any of my subbies have to provide anything, from saws to stumpies, they get more than adequately paid for it, it keeps them happy, and i get quality kit for a fraction of the hire price.

have a word with your boss, tell him your concerns. ask him what he plans to base his payments to you on