Work climb

Paulfreebury

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a look at agg college and hartpury and I've asked to be put on the April course at the agg, hartpury is also held at the agg and price is the same, so as long as I can scrape the money together and there is space on the course I'll give it a go.

I guess so! Its run for the AA trade show, but the AA dont make the rules, Arb jobs Nick has that job and he runs comps at other locations (the student one for example) which are not to do with the AA.

Paul, with the money you have spent on kit it wouldnt be much extra to do a CS38, just takes valuable time is all, it might be good for you though.

You have seen the comp at the AA show last year so you know what is involved, should be easy enough for you, speak to Nick and see if he will let you enter?

Hi Rupes the 3ATC is now an AA event although I instigated the event five years ago the AA have now fully adopted it and so we need to be promoting best practice including qualifications and LOLER. If someone hasn't passed CS38 they can compete but must be under the supervision on a training provider on the day we usually have several on site helping but they need to be clear about this when they enter.

Climbers are also asked to sign a waiver form and state that their equipment is under current LOLER inspection. This removed the onus from our judges and places it firmly back on the shoulders of the climber. We will of course carry out a kit inspection and will not let anything pass that is not up to standard or clearly marked with date of manufacture a relevant CE certification where applicable and a rating.

Other events may be happy to bend the rules to allow in all sorts of nefarious international equipment to be used but reading our policy documents properly we have found this negates any possible insurance claim so leaves the organisers of these event personally liable for prosecution if an accident were to happen. None of our volunteer staff want to lose their houses for the sake of cutting a few corners regarding safety or equipment.

Same said of the real world a recent case in London some tree lads dropped a limb on a car during a dismantle went to claim, nobody had a CS41 therefore no insurance, I just hope it wasn't a Bently!