marking saws and other tools

grenadier

That's it!

I'm off to my local doberman breeder to get a load, on to keep tied to each saw, one for the box of axes and a couple for in the vehicle.:thumbup:

ps I use a dremel engraving thingie

Yep dogs are the answer - or even the image of having a dog works.

When my son started to walk say 18 yrs ago I made some gates for the drive and put wire mesh on to stop him climbing up - but people assumed we had a dog, all the 'door to door types' stopped calling, So to complete the image I put up a 'beware of dog sign' - that stopped anybody we didn't know. Over heard some 'Trick or treaters' saying "don't go there, gates equal dogs":thumbup1:

Now we have two working cockers one softy barks when anybody comes, the other sleeps in the pickup if in the drive, lets say I wouldn't put my hand in there. We had to put up a second gate because the postie could get by them.

Nothing gets by them night or day without them letting us know.

I wouldn't want a 'big bad scrap yard dog' near a family, but smaller dogs that raise the alarm are the answer:thumbup1:

Hi Stubby - Yep brill dogs, mine are large for cockers in fact larger than many Springers both shiny black intact males - who get on fine. The younger one is a comic and as soft as any but the older one has lets say complex emotions, he is the king and you treat him with respect - don't touch unless he wants to be touched, but often at 3:00am he starts crying so off downstairs to find him with a teddy , which he brings up to bed:sneaky2:

Both ride on my quad dogging in pheasants and will pickup, the older one has squirrel radar - just follow him with a gun.

better turn this back to saw security, I recently made a couple of brackets on the back of my IW top with a small padlock in the latches so the tailgate of the L200 can't be lowered (everything is locked inside anyway) not the most secure but at least it needs tools to open. At home all kit is locked with cables, not that is has been tested. I just make my place a bit tatty locking against other houses along with the dog gates - sort of works.