Echo? Echo!

James_skingley

I've heard that the bigger of the two Echo climbing saws is a good un but that's all. The biggest ones are reputed to be built flippin perfect but low on performance. HOWEVER, I recently got an Echo CS-510 and it blitzed my Stihl 026 so seriously that I've just sold the Stihl... Beautifully built, albeit a bit fussy (typical Jap v German) but cuts like billio... It's like Toyota vs VW.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a few echos in the fleet, the cs 510 is proving to be a fantastic saw and more than matches, and even betters the equivilant ms260 and the 346xp for the money.

We have over 50 saws in the fleet including the usual suspects and a few oddities for trial. The two cs510 have been running for over a year now, and we really batter them, and still performing very well, in fact getting better with the torque. Most stihls start to faulter at this age and we had four 346xp blow up last year after only 12 months of service!

The top handle saw is surprisingly good to use and more than enough power with 12" bar. Came with a 14" which was ok but a bit cumbersome for me. I like the way the side handle curves round to the back, which makes it handle almost like a rear handle.

Tis a bit plasticy though, not sure it would handle the normal knocks that a Stihl ms200 would unless you where a very caring climber and it was your money that paid for it, but as a back up saw, for the money i can't fault it.

I bought a Echo top handle years ago and still use it every day. Needs to run with a12"

bar,otherwise power not to good. Lot lighter than the still and a little cheaper. Never had a problem with it and to be honest never needed any parts. I will be buying another

if /when this one packs in.

was using one today... only thing i can fault it on is the lack of power, great for light work but not much good when it comes to taking down anything substantial ie dismantaling an oak, save the extra cash and get a stihl, later on when you have the spare cash maybe think about getting an echo as a back up / alternative for lighter more delicate work

• 1 year later...