Arbor-trolley/winch combo

RC0

Switch your youtube settings to HD

Not as boring to watch as the title suggests. Just an example of time saved with a little foresight, and the right gear.

A recent job where the brush of 9 firs had to be hauled out from from the bottom of a long, steep back yard.

We combine the Arbtrolley and the portable winch where otherwise either would have been pretty useless on their own.

I'd say we were loaded to about x 6 what a person would physically be able to carry, which was compressed and held with a ratchet strap. I think we did about 12 loads in total, whilst the timber was cut and left as firewood.

Only light duty rigging needed....what a difference wheels make....

Probably saved at least 4-5 hours on the job and what would have been some very sore feet if we'd otherwise had to carry all that stuff out by hand.

Not ideal for with the head-cam, I realise everything looks a little squashed and shaky but it was just easier that way. Thanks

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ5741tCWZg]Arbortrolley Winch combo - YouTube[/ame]

Have to love working smarter instead of harder!. Wheels work well over the uneven terrain, I believe a detachable raiilsi in place of the wheels would work even better and never any concern about a flat tyre. Thanks for the video. Wishing you continued successes .

easy-lift guy

I made myself look like a right nana a few weeks back showing another local firm the Arbtrolly.

We had a length of cedar that refused to go on the AT we tried all sorts but between the 2 of us it just didnt want to know :blushing: eventually we resorted to rachet strapping the AT upside down on the log and just rolling it over :biggrin:

Where there's a wheel there's a way add a rachet strap to the recipe and the wood is your oyster :001_rolleyes:

Have to love working smarter instead of harder!. Wheels work well over the uneven terrain, I believe a detachable raiilsi in place of the wheels would work even better and never any concern about a flat tyre. Thanks for the video. Wishing you continued successes .

easy-lift guy

what I ment to type was a detachable rail system, much like the same type on a snow sled.:thumbup1:

elg

Thanks all

nice one mate looked like a massive incline or was that just the camera. saved loads of back breaking work by the looks of that.....what was the winch.

The wide-angled-view actually made it look easier on this occassion....probably the worst drag i've come across since coming to Canada at least. The fact that we were able to get that section of fencing out down at the bottom was what made it all feesible.

Search for 'portable-winch' online. With the right application it can be invaluable....the key as always is spotting the opportunity. At the same time you can get in big trouble with this type of winch if you call it wrong.

Kev I have puncture proof tyres, so no worries there. The last part of your post made me chuckle!