some advice input please!

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

Any idea of their knowledge base? If it was me, I would be interested in understanding which fungi does what in relation to risk of failure etc. Pick something you enjoy talking about because your real strength is the passion you have for your subject. :001_smile:

I agree with Felix, you are very passionate about your knowledge of Fungi, go with it and make sure you get an idea in advance of how long your presentation will be, that will help alot when presenting the finished product in a timely manner.

easy-lift guy

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of going along the lines of principle decay fungi and my opinions and past managments of trees that have those fungi, bit of body language, bit of decay and how to manage trees rather than fell em all!

was thinking title screen "its got a fungus" DONT PANIC!

Sounds good. Try to pitch it so that they learn but don't feel overwhelmed and lose interest. :thumbup1:

I agree with Felix, you are very passionate about your knowledge of Fungi, go with it and make sure you get an idea in advance of how long your presentation will be, that will help alot when presenting the finished product in a timely manner.

easy-lift guy

already sussed that one, got two to put together so I can at the last minute switch from a 30 min to a 60 min demo:thumbup:

Sounds good. Try to pitch it so that they learn but don't feel overwhelmed and lose interest. :thumbup1:

this will be hard to balance, everyones at different levels:001_smile:

I would like it to be a bit more dynamic and fluid, bit of questions and flexability but hard to achieve, tends to work when everyones got something to ask

I ironically agree with central , I'm not saying make up porky pies but public speaking is a skill in itself no matter how knowledgeable you are. If its for a group of academics thats a different story . But if its for your ordinary guy they will be looking for a decent night out as much as anything with picking up some good facts and figures along the way :001_smile:

this will be hard to balance, everyones at different levels:001_smile:

I would like it to be a bit more dynamic and fluid, bit of questions and flexability but hard to achieve, tends to work when everyones got something to ask

Ah, difficult one then. You could give basics first to get everyone started and then throw the floor open to questions with hopefully a good stock of pictures to illustrate your answers. :001_smile: