Christians on arbtalk?

Matt Butler

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the reality though,no point making excuses for those that hide behind religion or should we pretend that it dosent happen,which is the bigger crime ?

It is a fair point. It's very hard to excuse much of what is done in the name of religion. Whilst it may not in itself be the reason for all wars, it's almost certainly used as an excuse in most cases. It's just an extension of the pathologically human tendencies towards tribalism. We seek division (there are apparently 38,000 different types of Christian) and difference and our natural behaviour is towards persecution of those we deem to be different.

There is an old saying that civilisation is only skin deep. You can find countless examples of whole demographics who have seemingly inexplicably committed heinous crimes in the name of an ideology or religion. The further we can push ourselves from institutions that divide us, the better.

I hear what your saying Tony, but if there is an all powerful god, who needs us to turn to him for our salvation, would he not at least take the time to keep the organisations that represent him clean??

Instead they have be havens for "monsters".

Little wonder so many believe him to be fiction.

Edited by skyhuck

was it the religion? NO it was done by MEN, cloth was coincidental

Quite true,its not often women,mostly men in whatever diguise they choose.Fact is... what religion allows evil to exist and be executed for decades bringing misery to all connected in the name of good.Sorry but you cannot disagree with that fact.Accept that it is flawed.

I hear what your saying Tony, but if there is an all powerful god, who needs us to turn to him for our salvation, would he not at least take the time to keep the organisations that represent him clean??

Instead they have be havens for "monsters".

Little wonder so many believe him to be fiction.

why would he keep them clean? they are not worshipping in the way it was intended, they build churches and worship "artifacts" fill thier alters with gold crosses.

though shall not worship false gods, and I believe it was never meant to be in churches either. so if you ask me, true faith has nothing to do with prayer and such, but in ones way of life, in how we love one another, as children of this earth.

why would he keep them clean? they are not worshipping in the way it was intended, they build churches and worship "artifacts" fill thier alters with gold crosses.

though shall not worship false gods, and I believe it was never meant to be in churches either. so if you ask me, true faith has nothing to do with prayer and such, but in ones way of life, in how we love one another, as children of this earth.

Well of cause, because he does not exist :001_rolleyes:

Well of cause, because he does not exist :001_rolleyes:

Imagine when religion was born, say christianity, dark times, when man was much more ferrel and barbaric say.

what a wonderful way of saying stop killing eachother and love thy nieghbour, and if you dont youll burn in hell so you best start believing!

bit of social crowd control from a few shrewd dudes if you ask me.:001_smile:

I prefer the paganistic seasonal green man herne the hunter type system, representing the nature of the earths force and what it is to be making a living from the land.

Imagine when religion was born, say christianity, dark times, when man was much more ferrel and barbaric say.

what a wonderful way of saying stop killing eachother and love thy nieghbour, and if you dont youll burn in hell so you best start believing!

I prefer the paganistic seasonal green man herne the hunter type system, representing the nature of the earths force and what it is to be making a living from the land.

Have you been reading Barbara Cartland for years then ?

What a wonderful way of saying stop killing each other and love thy nieghbour, I come from god - so give me half your stuff, so I can tell god how good you are. I'm not making it up because it says so in this book, that your not allowed to read, but I am, and if you don't do it then you will never be happy, and we might even kill you. And if you dont youll burn in hell so you best start believing!

Edited that for you mate :001_tt2: