Load handler?

Hudson Forestry

I have just bought one . Tried it out today on a load of logs and it works a treat . As has been said you could empty the whole load on to the ground in seconds or dribble it into a barrow . Saves a hell of allot of arse ache ! Get one !:thumbup:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you going to be at the Arb show this year ?

i would like to have a look the LH3000, to see if it can be modified to fit my trailer.

Apologies for the delayed reply slack ma girdle - I've been up country and busy farming. Tonight I've sat down on the sofa with my laptop - scrolling through - while eating wild mushroom and parmesan risotto! First day I've been able to get on the land and have managed to get the fert on two of the fields.

Anyway, back to your question. :001_smile: Sorry, we're not yet doing shows - we run an engineering business and small farm and quite frankly we're cr*p at marketing etc. Having said that we will do FR Jones' arb show later in the year as Kingswood's Richard Olley is a friend and it's just down the road.

Hooking a Loadhandler up to a trailer is a question many ask - the LH operates by clamps that strap to a pickup's tailgate that usually drops - and stays - in the horizontal position. Obviously on an Ifor Williams, Bateson or similar, most tailgates drop to the floor therefore the tailgate must be propped horizontally - on a couple of suitable logs or stays - or a separate bracket must be fabricated to replicate a tailgate in the horizontal (a fabricated bar or similar) fixed to the rear end. The other issue on some trailers is that you need 'winding room' if the tailgate is low so that you don't skin your knuckles when cranking the load off.

We must design a kit with a set of brackets to enable customers to fit a LH 2200 or 3000 to a trailer - it's a no brainer that if your trailer 'aint a tipper then a LH to crank of logs, chip or gravel, type 1, garden refuse etc would save a load of time and hard work. We'd willingly pay someone to come up with a design that can be manufactured easily and economically :thumbup1:

If you're that person - get in touch. Meanwhile, we've got detailed photos of the LH3000 components SMG - let me know if it would help to email them to you.

Generally, we're pleased with sales so far, whilst not as busy as in the US - we've sold more in the first year over here than we thought we would and it seems to be growing organically although people don't know they need one until they see it in action. Apart from a few issues where loose straps have got caught up in the cranking and broken a bracket or two, feedback from users has been excellent and we're about to order another six months requirement from the US.

Always happy to help if anyone has any questions

Thanks for the enquiry SMG

Curtis

I have just bought one . Tried it out today on a load of logs and it works a treat . As has been said you could empty the whole load on to the ground in seconds or dribble it into a barrow . Saves a hell of allot of arse ache ! Get one !:thumbup:

Stubby, glad you're pleased. We've been using ours today cranking sacks of nitrogen fertiliser to the rear of the pickup to enable it to be lifted on forks into the spreader. Yesterday I delivered a load of logs to my brother-in-law, first thing in the morning I'll run the pickup that now has a load of grass clippings + weeds + some old rose prunings (all the wife's labour today) down to our 'tip'.

I'm constantly amazed how easy it is to unload the hilux and how durable the dragsheet is. I've run mine for a year now and it's saved me lots of time and effort.

Hopefully we sent you one of our desirable keyrings :thumbup1: - we're at the end of the phone if you need us.

Thanks again for the positive review Stubby,

Regards

Curtis

Stubby, glad you're pleased. We've been using ours today cranking sacks of nitrogen fertiliser to the rear of the pickup to enable it to be lifted on forks into the spreader. Yesterday I delivered a load of logs to my brother-in-law, first thing in the morning I'll run the pickup that now has a load of grass clippings + weeds + some old rose prunings (all the wife's labour today) down to our 'tip'.

I'm constantly amazed how easy it is to unload the hilux and how durable the dragsheet is. I've run mine for a year now and it's saved me lots of time and effort.

Hopefully we sent you one of our desirable keyrings :thumbup1: - we're at the end of the phone if you need us.

Hi Curtis . Andy Stubbs at Lavant near Chichester West Sussex . Yep It is a god send . Did not see a key ring but hey , I wanted a L.H. so no worries ! :thumbup:

We must design a kit with a set of brackets to enable customers to fit a LH 2200 or 3000 to a trailer - it's a no brainer that if your trailer 'aint a tipper then a LH to crank of logs, chip or gravel, type 1, garden refuse etc would save a load of time and hard work. We'd willingly pay someone to come up with a design that can be manufactured easily and economically :thumbup1:

If you're that person - get in touch.

How about having the handle on the end of the side-board, with a sprocket on the inside. Then another sprocket on the (tailboard mounted) roll, a loop of bike chain and you're sorted.

You'd need a bracket to hold the tailboard level (and thus the chain tight), probably a solid one on the cranking side, and a bit of chain on the far side.

It would be easy to make, strong, you can use readily available parts and it gives you the option of gearing the mat speed up or down.

The handle would be nicely out of the way, at a much more convenient hight as well.

After you've produced and sold the first 100 you can start transferring the millions, I'll pm you my account details.

Daniel

Stubby, glad you're pleased.

Hi Curtis . Andy Stubbs at Lavant near Chichester West Sussex . Yep It is a god send . Did not see a key ring but hey , I wanted a L.H. so no worries ! :thumbup:

Keyring on its way.....: :001_cool:

How about having the handle on the end of the side-board, with a sprocket on the inside. Then another sprocket on the (tailboard mounted) roll, a loop of bike chain and you're sorted.

You'd need a bracket to hold the tailboard level (and thus the chain tight), probably a solid one on the cranking side, and a bit of chain on the far side.

It would be easy to make, strong, you can use readily available parts and it gives you the option of gearing the mat speed up or down.

The handle would be nicely out of the way, at a much more convenient hight as well.

After you've produced and sold the first 100 you can start transferring the millions, I'll pm you my account details.

Daniel

Hey Daniel - thanks for the input. Send us a sketch......:001_smile:

I got fed up of taking the skin off my knuckles on the heap of logs whilst unloading with the original handle, so i made up an extension, works a treat!

(Have I earned a keyring??!! :001_tongue:)

Similar handle to original. Picture 1

My extension. Pictures 2 & 3.

IMG_4016.jpg.9af0feada9125df92d8851893b0b6b53.jpg

IMG_4015.jpg.561816cb4c3344598964ce1a9e0e0370.jpg

IMG_4014.jpg.c6cdde68609fdca32005eb266c83079d.jpg

I got fed up of taking the skin off my knuckles on the heap of logs whilst unloading with the original handle, so i made up an extension, works a treat!

(Have I earned a keyring??!! :001_tongue:)

Similar handle to original. Picture 1

My extension. Pictures 2 & 3.

Looks useful to have the extra leverage to once it's rolling and you keep it square.

Keyring on its way pronto to Hulls Mill Farm Chris :thumbup1: