Oil filter help

White Noise

Evening all I was wondering if any of you kind gent's or ladies could help me at all . My little chipper is a TW 125 and is now ready for another service . Trouble is I have run out of kohler oil filers for said machine . Do any of you know part numbers for others brand that will fit this machine . I have been told the Fram PH8172 will fit ? Cheers :001_smile:

Evening all I was wondering if any of you kind gent's or ladies could help me at all . My little chipper is a TW 125 and is now ready for another service . Trouble is I have run out of kohler oil filers for said machine . Do any of you know part numbers for others brand that will fit this machine . I have been told the Fram PH8172 will fit ? Cheers :001_smile:

Most good agricultural machinery dealers will find take your kohler filter number and cross reference it with a corresponding make of filter, does the kohler match up in size and screw on thread with the fram? if so thats the one you want.

Most good agricultural machinery dealers will find take your kohler filter number and cross reference it with a corresponding make of filter, does the kohler match up in size and screw on thread with the fram? if so thats the one you want.

Cheers that will be my afternoon sorted tomorrow . The Fram one looks like it will fit but only seen it in a pic so not 100% . Will check it out the morn . Although I have heard bad reports about the quality of the fram ? :001_smile:

Sogeffi or something similar own fram and lots of others. I dont think there is anything wrong with the filters. Just watch that they are oem spec. If a filter needs a non return valve and does not have it the engine may be starved of oil for the first few seconds. There is often more inside these filters than a bit of paper.