what van

richie 87

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can also recommend berlingo and 2k budget will get you a good one. Will say best get an hdi engine version and make sure cam belt is replaced after 90k. I bought one as a survey vehicle but have used it for so much more; tows well and carries m3 logs better thank mk2 transit and fuel economy is fantastic. The only thing I would change is having a sliding door but every thing else is top notch. I did look at connect but for a good one you need a bit more cash and is only a bit bigger, berlingo has a folding down passenger seat but not as good as connect but good for the money. I have also found the stalk cluster controls very useful so worth it for that alone (I know a bit dull). Sam

Edited by samarb

Another Berlingo vote here, mines fantastic, I chose it over an Astra as you can load mine with a forklift if you have to.

Great on fuel, mines a 2 litre HDI, comfy to drive, very very good van.

Only once not started (this morning) and that was due to an immobiliser fuse going, I don't class that as a fault haha

Have a look on eBay to get an Idea on price, some really good looking vans on at the mo

yeah now i have no idea lol

there seems to be alot more choice than i thought, thanks for all the advice.

im goin to look into the combo van and the berlingo,

if i could afford to run a pick up i would but i figure the van will go up forest tracks no bother and carry all my gear no bother.

il upgrade to pickup eventually seen as im part time at scottish school of forestry the vans probs a better choice

I thought that too (1.7 cdti), untill today. The alternator has just failed, also 7 year battery now needs changing as well. Otherwise I still think it is a good choice. Avoid 1.9 CDTi and 1.3 because servicing on older cars is more hassle/expensive compared to the 1.7.

Take care with the loading up of an Astra van because for max load carrying the wieght has to be pushed to the front of the loading bay. This keeps the rear wheel wieght within spec.

Suggest avoid older vans with AC and other powered bits such as electric windows, it is just more stuff to go wrong and get in the way.

Cheers guys. Thought the astral mite be bomb proof same with combo.

Had 306 d turbo few years back loved that engine dunno if its in any vans though

probably same engine thats in the c15/berlingo, XUD 1.8/9 exept most are non turbo in the c15s, astra vans are good but not much room in the back its a pity they never continued with the astra max