Series 2a for logging

Rich2484

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has yours been refurbed?

Engines are very interchangeable and if the overdrive is good it's a serious bonus. Mine hasn't been refurbed yet - it has a new chassis waiting and a big pile of bits, for when I get some time. This is it being started up:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7U5Mze86z8]Starting USK - YouTube[/ame]

The 'Moving Samson' videos aren't my landy, but they are my boat, and (coming back to the original subject of this thread) they show what you can do with a SII and a capstan winch.

Alec

was green but sprayed before i got it, only picked it up at weekend, 500 notes as it was a non runner, put new batt on and away she went, sat in a garage for at least six years as the last tx disc was 2005.

bit jumpy on pulling away and i have to play the throttle to get it to rev up a bit but nothing a bit of tunning shouldnt sort out, rolled her out of garage and all the lights still work.

Hi chaffey, where did you get your chassis number from, the chassis dum iron or the V5 log book because yours definately looks like a 1980-83 to me. The rear tub is last of the series 3, bulk head is series 3, sills series 3, only thing earlier is the grill late IIA 1968-1971. Nice landy though. (they all are)

Got it from the V5. I assumed when i got it that the wings had been changed as when i done the pre-purchase check everything came back as it being a 58 which tallied with the log book. I do like it. Much better than my series 2 disco :lol:

Does the gearbox have syncro in all gears? Is the steering box cast with ribs on it and no removable side plate? Are the wheel nuts big with a flat outer or small with rounded outers? Are the rivets on the seatbox snap rivets or rounded hammer type?

If the answer is "yes" to all these then thers every chance its a series 3 on series 2 plates for tax purposes Im afraid :sad:

Yes these parts couldve been changed, but thats way too many parts for the dvla points sytem to add up.

They are spot on really low gearing,and ive even towed few tractors out of sticky spots with mine,id only run a series vehicle for woodland work the new ones just dont take the beatings the same in my opinion.

Cheap to run piece of whizz to fix and parts are more than easily sourceable and cheap.No tax cheap insurance what more do you want.