1km conifer hedge trimmed, PHEW

Simonsnr

Thanks SBTC, yeah was pleased, and so were the owners. Here's some pics of the hedge from an aerial view taken when the hedge was a lot younger, at least 8 years ago.http://www.barnardsfarm.eu/jpserver/view/Flash.view/cover.php?name=Barnards-Farm-Aerial

The buggy belonged to the owner, was designed to be used as a guide to trimming the hedge at rail height. Over the years the ground around the trees has moved quiet a lot, and so I had to do the whole top by eye to try and even out the dips and bumps created from years of cutting using the rail on the buggy as a 10' guide. It wasn't perfect, but but I reckon by next year when I do it again it'll be spot on.

Nice place to work by the look of those aerial shots, grounds look stunning. Do you get to do any other work there or just the hedges..?

Not as yet SBTC, but fingers crossed huh. The place is far more established now, with lots of the woodlands getting a bit too thick, and loads of crack willows that will need some work at some point. I'm sure I'll be back for other stuff, and certainly will be back next year do re-do the hedge.

Great place, allot of thought has been put into the planting, as the aerial shots show, but also some fantastic sculptures dotted all around the grounds. Looking forward to going back in the summer to see what it looks like on a NICE day...got soaked finishing it off on monday...boy I need to invest in some better waterproofs!...or a wet suit!