UK Weather forecasts and general synopsis

peckerwoo

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Iv`e been away Guys n Gals but Its good to be back with the settled conditions :)

Winters over it seems and things are looking very similar pattern-wise to last years impressive early spring which brought us plenty of early high temps, not mentioning the worrying water shortages just yet.

Very settled then for most parts aside the NW reaches but slow breakdown to more unsettled and cooler conditions as we go into the weekend with high winds for NIre, Sco & N eng as atlantic lows make a closer approach to the UK but nothing in terms of wintry falls under a 1000 feet altitude.

Some models are projecting a slack more southerly patterned Low pressure which would bring rainfall for the south but we`ll have to wait for agreement midweek on this?

The current High pressure is not moving away far whatever so we could well see a reload start to appear as we go into w/c 19th.

You might call it settled, but where I am I'd call it anticyclonic gloom :001_tt2:

It's the 'Blackthorn winter' time, always goes back to winter when the white flowers appear - totally reliable:thumbup1:

Daffs are coming out earlier now. I remember when Daffs always came out - one week after mothers day, now thanks to global warming I save a few quid.

Edited by blazer

You might call it settled, but where I am I'd call it anticyclonic gloom :001_tt2:

Whereabouts you located again IB?

I assume your probably in a western region as this current setup favors east (leeward) of high ground but its a matter of luck where the cloud breaks to allow for some early seasonal warmth.

Low level thin cloud is hard to see on most satellite scans but it looks like parts of the far SW (CornW, Devon) are seeing some thicker trails?

Central & Western Scottish areas appear to show some thicker cloud too from the trailing front east of Iceland?

Generally speaking I don`t think we can say its warm overall as their is a definite chill in the SYorks air now but a modified polar incursion through Sat & Sun will definately make it feel cooler yet the Low`s spreading in for the weekend are now looking dis-organised without any real intensity to them casting aside stronger winds for the NW?

But "Doom" is certainly a good pre-cursor to what most of the UK will be under for the mid-term without any substantial rain or wind but average to slightly lower temps before the High rebuilds back NW next week?

• 3 weeks later...

Thu 29th Mar: Mumbling`s on various local radio stations of snow next week :o?

Needs verification on how far the High retrogresses North-Westwards and how significant the pressure lowers around the North sea/scandinavian region and associated troughs with northerly wind strength but definately much cooler conditions with very sharp frost`s but precipitation, no doubt wintry (North/east scotland & all eastern areas < 50 miles from shore) looks being light with little in terms of cyclonic strength looking this far out?

Temps in the farthest Northern regions will be around 3-5C, 5-9C elsewhere with only anywhere south and west of say South Wales across to Hampshire breaking double figures so a huge difference coming up.

But only a short colder spell?

• 2 months later...