Nissan Navara (the good the bad and the ugly)

powcaddy

I am thinking of upgrading my vw caddy pickup up to a crewcab pickup as recently purchasing a 14ft ifor williams flatbed trailer preferebly need something to pull it and take the family aswell

The nissan navara allways seemed tempting and browsing ebay there seemed to be a few bargains about especially from the 02 plate onwards (new shape)

But after reading several drivers reports,forums and even a watchdog programme had summerised the faults-i decided not to venture any further

Turns out that the new models from 2002 onwards have suffered from severe engine faults,timing chains snapping etc:thumbdown:

A relation of mine has the 2000 (x plate) previous model basic pickup model it has done well over 100,000 miles hardly been serviced and worked very hard pulling a 12ft cattle trailer most days,it is still going strong :confused1:

Looking at the evidence i will try and buy the earlier model as it seems a lot more reliable and trustworthey

Has any body else had experiences with the delectable navara

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive go a 2003 D22 and so far its pretty good, filled with kit all day long and tows trailers and chippers everywhere. I reckon about 27 mpg too.

Not a bad truck to be honest a bit bouncy on the ride on long trips, rear wheel drive too when you want so you can drift it sideways in fields!!!!!

Ive go a 2003 D22 and so far its pretty good, filled with kit all day long and tows trailers and chippers everywhere. I reckon about 27 mpg too.

Not a bad truck to be honest a bit bouncy on the ride on long trips, rear wheel drive too when you want so you can drift it sideways in fields!!!!!

if your after the earlier model give me a shout, the lad who works for me is selling his y reg king cab for a good price

i would be interested but im to far away unfortunetly

what's the plated weight of the ifor? Is it a 2.7/8 or 3.5 tonne or what?

whatever you tow it with has to be able to legally pull it regardless of actual physical towing capability I believe.

for example most of the jap trucks have a very limited towing capability. most are somewhere between 2 and 2.8 tonnes. I think the ford ranger is 3-3.5 and of course all land rover models are 3.5. this is something Im still confused as to why the manufacturers havent sorted!

what's the plated weight of the ifor? Is it a 2.7/8 or 3.5 tonne or what?

whatever you tow it with has to be able to legally pull it regardless of actual physical towing capability I believe.

for example most of the jap trucks have a very limited towing capability. most are somewhere between 2 and 2.8 tonnes. I think the ford ranger is 3-3.5 and of course all land rover models are 3.5. this is something Im still confused as to why the manufacturers havent sorted!

I think the gross weight is 3.5 tonnes (800kg unladen,2700 max load weight on trailer)

I am thinking of upgrading my vw caddy pickup up to a crewcab pickup as recently purchasing a 14ft ifor williams flatbed trailer preferebly need something to pull it and take the family aswell

The nissan navara allways seemed tempting and browsing ebay there seemed to be a few bargains about especially from the 02 plate onwards (new shape)

But after reading several drivers reports,forums and even a watchdog programme had summerised the faults-i decided not to venture any further

Turns out that the new models from 2002 onwards have suffered from severe engine faults,timing chains snapping etc:thumbdown:

A relation of mine has the 2000 (x plate) previous model basic pickup model it has done well over 100,000 miles hardly been serviced and worked very hard pulling a 12ft cattle trailer most days,it is still going strong :confused1:

Looking at the evidence i will try and buy the earlier model as it seems a lot more reliable and trustworthey

Has any body else had experiences with the delectable navara

i know of one for sale, where are you?