Fountains

Graham

Sorry but that reads as one of the most offensive things Ive seen on here in a long time!:thumbdown:

Maybe, it's a good way to pee off contractors though when you work for a firm that constantly changes its payment terms from 30 to 60 to 90

days. Then when you complain and stop work it takes a further 9 months to get paid.

We will never ever work for that shower again.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't let the name fool you, OCS is'nt a bunch of old women in pinny's carrying mops and buckets, come to empty your office bin and sluice down the urinals!

OCS is a multinational Facilities Management, with over 50,000 staff operating across five continents.

Reading the press release on the Fountains website, it would appear that the part of the business they have bought does include some of the staff that was working for Fountains. So presumably it will be the same Fountains people as OCS people undertaking the utility contract and not Mrs' Miggins's mop & bucket brigade.

Here is a bit more info about the whole situation. BBC News - Fountains Group in administration: 450 jobs to go

The great pity in this is that honest, hard-working people will lose their jobs. The blame lies with the top-brass that either under-price work or can't run a contract. I've met a number of Fountains Managers along the way and they've ranged from downright crooks to incompetent buffoons and everything in-between. Personally i'm glad they've gone and hopefully the incompetent ones will do us all a favour and change career. I couldn't give a monkeys about slander etc etc, yes I'm one of the many that has been "tucked-up" in the past so I'm entitled to my opinion.

The great pity in this is that honest, hard-working people will lose their jobs. The blame lies with the top-brass that either under-price work or can't run a contract. I've met a number of Fountains Managers along the way and they've ranged from downright crooks to incompetent buffoons and everything in-between. Personally i'm glad they've gone and hopefully the incompetent ones will do us all a favour and change career. I couldn't give a monkeys about slander etc etc, yes I'm one of the many that has been "tucked-up" in the past so I'm entitled to my opinion.

I have to agree with this.......

:thumbup:

I am with you on this one as well, But it's still very sad for the people that need to find work

I really do think that it is high time that these large outfits have a financial reality check and price contracts so that they are financially viable. Many people knew from the outset that the Norwich and Cannock jobs (amongst many others) being run by Fountains and many similar other fixed price contracts were only viable If the schedule of rates that they won it on are ignored and everything was done as a "variation".

Am I correct in thinking that it against the law to "purchase" goods or services that you know you cannot/will not pay for?

This seems to be another case of "the civilised get penalized and the ne'er do wells do very well, thank-you very much.

My best regards go to those who have lost on this deal and to those who have been "tucked up". Those at the top on big salaries should be bought to book.