Help regarding mog gears.

mdt

My problem seems to have cured itself but would still like to sort the problem out but hard when it has disappeared. I also loose 4wd and Pto selection as well, will that make any sense to anyone?? Help would be much appreciated thanks

sent from my office in the field via s3

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

often the seals on the Hi/low splitter ram can go , this can either stop the air piston from expanding or retracting or you can lose air pressure really quickly , if this is the case it is either caused by wear and tear or because your air pressure regulator(s) have failed and allowed either too much or not enough air pressure through . i once bought a seal kit but this did not last more than 12 months , i have now replaced both of the pressure regulators and the hi/low range change piston . Do you know if your mog is running a 12 or 18 bar system ?

yes there is , your air pressure gauge should show you what pressure it builds too before the un-loader valve . if you are experiencing loss of 4wd and pto it could well be caused by a worn/dammaged/blocked 4 way protection valve , how often do you empty your air tanks and does your mog have an air dryer in the system just after the un-loader valve ?

Air tanks empty regular when not in everyday use. Never have found where the leak(s) is. Air pressure gets to nearly 3 o clock position on gauge off top of my head will have a look next time.

When in use I don't empty the tanks really since it's stood majority of the time working the firewood processor. Have never made red light come on while its working.